Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Weight Watchers while pregnant???

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by emmapetty, 10 August 2010 Social URL.

1. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi all :)

About me:
    I'm not new to weight watchers (or any diet for that matter! :giggle:) - i lost a few stone back in my teens with WW.

During adulthood my weight became heavier and heavier, so I took the plunge and did a meal replacement diet (Cambridge) loosing 8 stone :D But was still 2 stone away from my goal of 11 stone when I fell pregnant. I had to abruptly stop the diet resulting in gaining 2 stone in as little as 2 months :cry::cry::cry:

I really do not want to fall into the trap of "bugger it, i'll eat what I want" as I have done previously. I really do not want to gain the weight I have lost back. :sigh:

My question is: Can I follow the weight watchers plan while I am pregnant? :confused:

Help and advice would be much appreciated :)

Hugs x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I know you can't go to a WW class while pregnant but you can go to a SW one.

Perhaps you could talk to your doctor or a midwife and get advice

Irene xx

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    And congratulations to you both

Irene xx

5. rugbykirsty87

rugbykirsty87 Never Give Up

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers & Happiness
    I was going to say the same. I don't think you can do WW when pregnant, but I know you can with slimming world.

I think your doctor has to sign you off, to go to SW if u decide to go to one of their classes too.

Congatulations on the pregnancy! x

6. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Thanks Irene! I'll visit my GP and see what she advises :)

7. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    It is only a myth that you eat for 2 when your pregnant anyway. the reality is that you dont need that many more calories, you just need to ensure you are getting all the nutrients your body needs! :D

8. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    isn't it something like 200cals at the start then increases to 500cals later on in the pregnancy??

Awww lil babies! :D be worth the gain imo :) congrats! and good luck with everything xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.