weightloss on the contraceptive pill

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by rhuba, 4 March 2009 Social URL.

1. rhuba

rhuba i really don't know life

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    optimum nutrition and lots of exercise!
    i restarted my pill a week and a half ago, after taking a two month break. i've found myself grazing (or at least craving snacky foods) way more since then, and am a bit peeved as i was doing so well!!

does anyone else have this problem? and how do you combat it?

i have changed pill about 13 times, because in most the balance of hormones causes my already-bad excema to flare up to monumental proportions. i have finally found one that doesnt (yaaaay!) but it clearly wants me to be fat (boooo!)

i would happily be off the pill permanently coz it deflates my libido a bit (rubbish-is that how it works lol?) but kids are just a big nono, and i'm allergic to latex.

anywho, basically i have to take the pill as other homone-based things flare up my excema but i dont want to fail on this diet! what shall i dooooooo?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rachee29

rachee29 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st10lb(46.74%)
    Diet:
    lighterlife completed on ww now to try to survive
    have you thought about a non hormone coil

4. rhuba

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    i spoke to the doctor about that but she said it was only really recommended for people who had already had children.

i keep eating!!! arrrgh!

trying to stick to healthy snacks like sugar free jelly but it's getting hard. why can't i control this??

5. Crazybecky5

Crazybecky5 Green tea advocate!!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Low Carb
    I have a major problem with hormonal contreceptives. I had an implant put in June last year - from June until Jan this year (when i had it removed) i put on 2.5 stone!!!!
    The doctor now has me on a pill, but to be honest i think the hormones are whats slowing down my weight loss, its a constant battle!

I drink shed loads of green tea in the morning to keep the hunger away, and then graze on grapes in the afternoon - its the only thing that works!!

6. rhuba

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    yeah, i'm on fruit teas as well. i eat sugar free jelly and smoothie ice cubes as well as frozen grapes (last longer!!) to keep my picking-tendancies at bay.

even though i pick on healthy stuff, i still feel like i'm eating loads, and that can be disheartening as i feel like i'm constantly peckish!

7. little*red

little*red Don't worry, be happy :)

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    I had the same problem with hunger when i first started taking the pill again after having my girls, plus it gave me really sore head too.
    I find that if i take it later at night then I don't get the hunger pangs or headaches as i'm asleep by the time it kicks in. I usually take mine about 8pm and it has made the world of difference from taking it when i woke up in the morning.

8. rhuba

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    wow, that's interesting. i take mine at 8.30am. i only really do that because then i'm awake for the 12 hour window (just in case i forget it) but i barely forget it any more as i set a recurring alarm. i will try that, thanks littlered.

if that works it'll be great, coz i've tried so many, and this is the only one that doesnt affect my excema!!

9. Stupid

Stupid I'm a greedy pig

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    help i can't stick to any as i am greedy

i can only suggest eating as much healty foods as you can, pleanty of exercise and a slower than normal weight loss may be possible[and a compromise between all your problems]...

poor you..

Last edited: 17 March 2009
  10. loseitasap

loseitasap Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I Have the coil fitted and feel this may be causing my struggle to lose weight (maybe thats just an excuse am using), i was told any contraception may cause 4 -5lb weight gain..

does anyone esle have this problem?

11. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

I've just been on the pill for 3 months (come off it now, yay!)

It didn't directly cause me to eat more, but the moodswings made me want to comfort eat :(

xx

12. rhuba

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    well, roll on the day when men can get contraceptive implants, i say! lets let them have the side effects - maybe then they'll understand why we can be slightly tempremental at times!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.