Weightloss plateau

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi guys I'm looking for a bit of advice

I've lost 4stone it's taken just over a year which is fab I'm a keen exerciser usually spinning gym running etc several times a week (3x min) but I've hit a stop! I do lots of cardio usually !

Still exercising still sweating and dieting but no luck.

Do you have any ideas what other exercises might speed up the losses or even kick start them again?!
Ta x

Do you just do cardio at the mo, perhaps adding some sessions with weights will help? If you have a gym membership i'd ask one of the trainers to have a look at your routine and suggest some changes that might help. Also i notice your doing slimming world and wondered if you had seen the tread on the 777 days or the thread where people doing EE have revert back to Green or Red days and that has helped increase weightloss?

But congratulations on a stunning weight loss! I'm just coming to back to slimming world. If i do half as well as you have i will be very happy indeed.

Good luck

Yeah I mainly do cardio tbh bc I thought that's the biggest fat burner!

Funny enough I saw a gym instructor today and she inputted lots of weights into my workout so maybe that will help?!

I haven't read the 777 thread maybe I'll look what is it?!

And I do red/green days anyway didn't get on with ee!

Thanks for your reply! X

I'm not an expert on the 777 system but i believe it involves including 7 super speed foods, 7 syns and 7 glasses of water per day. I prefer red and green days too, i eat too much on extra easy. I have no concept of portion control on EE!

I have to admit i much prefer cardio, never been a weights kinda girl but my friends swears by adding some weights. I'm going to try weights this time, maybe a kettlebell routine. Perhaps ask your SW advisor if she can recommend anything? When i did it several years ago they used to have a 7 day menu they gave out to people who had reached a standstill and it was supposed to kick start your weight loss. Maybe ask if they still do it or better yet ask on here to see if anyone else still has it.

Let me know how you get on with the weights. And check out the kettlebell thread above, i can't remember her username off top of my head but she's doing slimming world and had massive success doing kettlebells as well.

Ah I'll look into that plan then!

Yeah I love cardio! I do spin several times a week and I'm wondering whether it's no longer effective ive read your muscles dont work as hard when they get use to the same Exercise?

It's just frustrating me bc you think well I did tonnes of exercise so why can't I shed those lbs lol!

But my spin teacher altered my gym programme and put lots of weights in bc building muscle burns more calories!

I just hope it helps! Getting all a bit depressing now :(

Xx

I wi Monday !!!! Lol but I feel thinner but totm is due so not sure whether that's gonna put a nail in the works!

But hopefully I I don't see results this week I will do next week!

Must admit I am enjoying the weights and it's good to feel back in control of food and exercise again - plus a massive energy boost!

How's your week been?! X

-4lbs yay!!!! X

Oh yes -2.5 this week im chuffed!

How have you been doing?! Xx

Great losses, well done! I would have suggested adding in weights too as well as making sure you're eating enough to fuel all that you're doing. The strength training will help up your muscle, which will increase your metabolism. But also a good strength training workout actually carries on burning additional calories for up to 24 hours afterwards! Glad to see that you've broken through your plateau, well done.

caroline g said:
Great losses, well done! I would have suggested adding in weights too as well as making sure you're eating enough to fuel all that you're doing. The strength training will help up your muscle, which will increase your metabolism. But also a good strength training workout actually carries on burning additional calories for up to 24 hours afterwards! Glad to see that you've broken through your plateau, well done.

Ooo that's interesting to know!

Hmm I feel my body is changing shape more with the weights too which is always a great sign! X

Yeah that's the best thing about doing strength training, inch loss!

Yeah i was a bit naiive and thought that cardio was the answer - did ltos and lots of spinning but even though i was loosing wasnt changing my shape which then led to a weight loss plateau so think i will be continuing to spice it up but also keep a few spin classes in there too!
xx

Back