Weird WI result after 2 weeks inductin : S

almostthere

Vanishing Woman
I had 23lbs to lose when I first started. Last week (wk 1 of induction) I lost a whopping 6lbs, which was brilliant!

This week, I have PUT ON 2lbs!!! Have stuck to the diet religiously, hand on heart. Has been really difficult some times (like last night when the family were tucking into Dominos pizza...) but I have been really proud of myself.

So why the weight on? That means on 2 wks of induction I have only lost 4lbs which is disappointing tbh. I had a read of the Atkins book and according to the 'resistance chart' I have high metabolic resistance :cry: Not sure what to do now...

But, and it's a big but (haha appropriate pun there...), I have lost 8cm all over this week.... so in 2 wks have lost 16.5cm so SOMETHING is working!

Have decided to up my exercise levels. Have started running again, and will be going to zumba with my sister once a week. Also going to try to fit in some callanetics to tone up my flabby midriff.

Anyway sorry to ramble... any ideas what could account for the 2lb gain? Very confused :sigh:

2lb gain could be anything, water retention,TOM, even a heavy meal the night before! You sound like you are on the right track, make sure you are eating enough whilst keepin the carbs under 20. And you are losing inches, so it's definitly working

Thanks letsgetlosing. Yes, it could be something like that. Actually, thinking about it I had cystitis yesterday (sheer hell) and drunk about 20 gallons of water throughout the whole day to get rid of it.

Do you think I could be retaining fluid?

Am going to cut back on dairy this week and see if that makes a difference.

Cystitis is a real bugger. Hopefully you know the bicarbonate of soda thing? As long as there are no known heart issues for you or in your immediate family, just take a teaspoon of bicarb and stir it into a half-pint of water and drink it. The alkaline water should ease the pain. Doesn't cure the infection but works a treat for the symptoms. You can repeat this every 3 hours or so. No need to buy commercial cystitis powders if this works for you!

It does sound like you have water retention. Also, when the weight doesn't shift you could be due a whoosie fairy visit, which i think will happen here since you are losing on the tape measure... you might wake up one morning and find 2 or 3 lbs mysteriously disappeared overnight, it's great. Just keep at it and know that you are still burning fat no matter what the scales say in the short term.

Thanks boggins. The bicarb doesn't work for me unfortunately but its a great tip for others. The only thing that I have found to work are cranberola capsules. Got them when I had a horrendous attack in Amsterdam and they are amazing! Can get them online.

So feeling a hundred times better today thank goodness : )

That's a shame. :( Do you have the recurrent kind that isn't the same as one off infections? Awful. Glad you're feeling better. Bet you must have tried everything under the sun! I was on a low oxalate diet for a while, and then taking amitriptylin (sp?) off-label, for a painful condition, all with no joy. So I sympathise greatly! Take care.

Yes, recurring. Was getting it at least once a month before I found the capsules. This is the first flare up since I got them. Have had all sorts of tests done, but they have never found out what the cause is. Annoying to say the least! If I can catch it early enough can sometimes get rid of it, but usually need antibiotics.

Still have it this morning, but it is under control and bearable.

Huge sympathies to you too. Is no fun having a recurring complaint is it? Especially when you don't know when it is going to happen... had a horrendous bout coming back from Sweden last year. Can't describe how horrendous the flight was.

Thanks though :bighug:

Back