weirdness...

Just wondering how many people have found that as they reach a weight they thought before would have been super cool - they realise how uncool being that weight is??

Like im 9stone 2 now - before I started LT I would have considered this to be a really slim weight - but now that I am here at this weight - I realise how much fat I still have on my body.

Has this happened to anyone else????

Do you think as you loose weight you increase your standards or when you are obese just being close to a healthy weight sounds like heaven and you think to be there would be awesome?

I so cant wait to get the next stone or so off so that I can get to my ideal weight. I feel like I want it like yesterday and Im slightly scared my weight loss is going to slow down... really want to hit the 8stone something mark next week - I feel I need it mentally...

i'm just weird - end off

i cant wait to get to 11st something never mind 8st+ :D

you have done so well, you will get to where u are happy - no worries

....before I started LT I would have considered this to be a really slim weight - but now that I am here at this weight - I realise how much fat I still have on my body.

Has this happened to anyone else????

Hi Julz, you just put my thoughts into words! I'm happy with how much I've lost so far but as I lose the fat I can see so much more that needs to come off, and I wonder just how I had been carrying so much fat around on my body.
Don't know, maybe it's that we are much more body aware now. Anyway, good motivation to keep going, hey? ;)

Thats exactly what i was saying to my mum earlier?! I was saying how did I cope being 11st 6 - OMG - the thought of it freaks me out cos I feel repulsed at the amount of fat on me now. I really think you are right - maybe we just become so aware of our bodies. After all I guess we are so focuses on this diet and weight loss is denomating everything we do so our minds must be just sooo into our body.

I totally get where your coming from....as you lose weight you become quite obsessive about the whole process. I'm so happy with what I've done so far but then when I think about it I know that I'm not even half way there!

I bet you look really hot now Julz. When you gonna post some pics?!?!?!

I know exactly what you mean. I once got down to 9st 4lb and still thought I was fat - not just a bit fat but really really fat...

Yeah - I think I am so determined to be S L I M. I dont mind having a pinch an inch - but f u c k me i can grab fricking handfulls - ahhhh its so grossing me out.... How was I not so annoyed about this when I was 11st 6!? lol

I deffo need to get some pictures taken - I will have to get my mum to take some for me! lol

I ordered 2 dresses online - so IF I look ok in them I will post pics of me in them here are the dresses (its the 2 dresses on this page) Anna Sui | NET-A-PORTER.COM (im very excited about getting these - just pray they look ok on me)

Yup, i am with ya hun...wanted to get back to 10 stone for ages!! but, i am 10st 1lb and feel ok...but not at all happy with the amount of flob i have...My legs are like trunks and i still have loads of back fat and tummy fat!!!!
I am hoping i will be happy when i get to targetand if not i will just have to live with it until it fully tones!!!

Heyyyyy... you two!!!! some of us out here in chunkyland are still really chubby and would kill to be 10 stone or below - I don't think you should consider yourselves to be gross etc etc - BTW Nic, you've had 2 kids - cut yourself some slack ( if you have any after slendatone !!!!!!)

Hunni, seroiusly..i am still chubby!!! i have tons of flob!! Oh, and i can't use the 2 kids as an excuse as i lost nearly all of my weight again after matty(who is my youngest!)..it was only greediness and lazyness that made me as fat as i was when i started!!!
Also, i would have killed to be 10 st again a few weeks ago...but, now i am nearly here i realise i still have a way to go before banishing flob! Don't forget height difficulties also have a part to play in still bein chubby and 10stone!
So i will be joining you in chunky land hun as i am still chunky xxx Love ya

I chose my target weight coz I liked the number and it was a BMI less than 25. I don't know how I will feel nearer that weight coz at the moment I'm just happy achieving my next mini target so who knows.

Julz, both you and Nic will know when you are happy with your own bodies and when you do we will all celebrate with you as if it were our own achievements. You are both doing so well and certainly keeping me motivated.

I'm older than you and have a large frame so I'm guessing I won't look better at the lower end of the healthy BMI range but I will reassess when I get nearer goal (please let that be near my birthday!!!!!!!)

In the meantime us cuddlier people will just enviously watch you 2 shrink before our eyes!

Good luck.

x

Yep...I'm exactly the same. I thought once at goal I'd feel fab about myself, but I'm more self-conscious now then I ever was. I'm not in a size 12 jeans that I was sure I would be after losing three stones (I know I keep going on about this LOL). Before when I was fat, everyone knew I was fat and that was that. Now I feel pressure to look good all the time. Sometimes I want to laze about in my combats no make up on and not worry about appearance, but I don't seem to do that as much anymore. People kept telling me that I'd gain all the weight after I stopped the diet, so I make sure I wear my best slim fitting clothes all the time coz I don't want people to think I've gained even a lb. I'm sick of obsessing about it. ARRRGGGHHH!!

I chose my target weight coz I liked the number and it was a BMI less than 25. I don't know how I will feel nearer that weight coz at the moment I'm just happy achieving my next mini target so who knows.

Julz, both you and Nic will know when you are happy with your own bodies and when you do we will all celebrate with you as if it were our own achievements. You are both doing so well and certainly keeping me motivated.

I'm older than you and have a large frame so I'm guessing I won't look better at the lower end of the healthy BMI range but I will reassess when I get nearer goal (please let that be near my birthday!!!!!!!)

In the meantime us cuddlier people will just enviously watch you 2 shrink before our eyes!

Good luck.

x

Yeh and all that above - Hey CF you're so cleaver :D:D:D:D

Good luck.

x
I was the same ... my orignial target was pretty near to the top of my healthy BMI...but as i got nearer i realised i wouldnt be happy there..so switched to the lower end! I have a small frame according to the wrist test, but big shoulders? go firgure!!!
I do believe everyones fight with weight is individual, and no matter what anyone else says about your weight..its your head that matters and how you feel inside!!!
You will also be shirinking along side us hunni and your words are also our motivation xxxx
I love lounging in combats, pj's and no makeup i think its fab!!!!
I am hoping never to have to obsess again after retraining my brain with lt/cd xx

I guess for me at the mo I still can't believe I am going to get near my target which is why I chose a weight kinda at random. Since coming on here I have been more motivated and more determined to not just lose a bit of weight but to get to a healthy weight.

Nic, with a small frame and being more petite height-wise I can understand your need to weigh nearer the bottom end of the healthy BMI range. Although I think you are looking mighty fine now hun!

I, too, am hoping LT has re-educated my eating habits so I never have to obsess about being obese after I reach target.

I love this forum coz it has helped me so much since I joined. Not just to stay on the diet but also to feel better about myself. I also hope I can help others the way I've been helped. It really has helped me gain confidence away from cyberspace and I know it has given me a spring in my step.

x

Aww, you're so darn cute CF! *hugs* You inspire so many people on here to stay on track with your wonderful comments and gentle encouragement! Muchos love and cuddles to you! x

Aww, you're so darn cute CF! *hugs* You inspire so many people on here to stay on track with your wonderful comments and gentle encouragement! Muchos love and cuddles to you! x
Definately second that xxxxx:D

I guess for me at the mo I still can't believe I am going to get near my target which is why I chose a weight kinda at random. Since coming on here I have been more motivated and more determined to not just lose a bit of weight but to get to a healthy weight.

Nic, with a small frame and being more petite height-wise I can understand your need to weigh nearer the bottom end of the healthy BMI range. Although I think you are looking mighty fine now hun!

I, too, am hoping LT has re-educated my eating habits so I never have to obsess about being obese after I reach target.

I love this forum coz it has helped me so much since I joined. Not just to stay on the diet but also to feel better about myself. I also hope I can help others the way I've been helped. It really has helped me gain confidence away from cyberspace and I know it has given me a spring in my step.

x
Nicely put, 'being more petite height wise' lol You mean a short ass!! lol xx
Thanks hun...head and shoulder look fine haha just below the waist now!

You will get to your target weight, and it will be sooner than you think. You are very strong and determind! and if you decided to go lower...wel, you would od that too!!!!
Here's hoping hun, i will watch my size, more than weight ...but, never wnat to be obsessed!
Yay, thats what we like to hear...oooozzzing confidence and springy step whhoooooo hooooooo x x x x :D

Back