Well meaning " friends "

katsmad64

Am so annoyed :mad: with myself for not sticking with my group as I was doing ok. Thought I could do it alone & am now 10lbs+ heavier (stopped weighing as couldn't face it )
My problem was listening to a (well meaning" friend ") that said SW dosen't work so you may as well be fat & happy than skinny & unhappy ! Now I'm fat & unhappy ! I've now discovered she's been going to a SW group ( not my group ) She isn't what I'd call over weight around 10 stone but always says she's a big fat whale although I'm much heavier 3 stones which makes me feel great ! I've decided to return to group as I feel I need the support which you get from SW. Oh well you live & learn I'm sticking with this no matter how long it takes & going to try & be strong when "friends " give "advice " ! Has anyone got a similar story about so called "friends " ?

Wow I can't believe she's smaller than you and talked you out of slimming world while going herself :O I really wouldn't say that's well meaning at all, in fact its actually quite back stabbing. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I just don't understand why someone would do that unless they wanted their friend to stay bigger then them, which is very nasty and selfish.

I have people who are ''well meaning'' by trying to convince me to eat things I shouldn't as ''everyone needs a treat'' or ''you don't need to loose anymore'' some people don't seem to realise that I do have my treats, just because I'm not having it right now in front of you doesn't mean I'm not having it. Also that just because I'm at target doesn't mean I can just start eating rubbish again.

Good luck getting back on slimming world, I can tell you personally slimming world has worked for me and I'm very happy on it. Much happier then when I was bigger.

OMG! I can't believe a 'friend' would say this to you. She basically called you fat and told you not to bother trying to lose weight. Why? To make herself feel better. Not much of a friend.

SW is fantastic, get back on it and don't listen to her anymore. In fact id seriously consider whether being her friend is good for you if this is the type of friendly advice she gives you.

Good luck on your journey. X

I have friend like this personally I think it's just to make themselves feel better!

One of my friends just laughs every time some one mentions a diet then if I see and she's lost weight I always mention it and she just says oh have I I've not been trying when obviously she has she just doesn't want to admit it.

People at work are like that with me saying one donut won't hurt or one biscuit but id rather save my syns for something I really want rather than just eating stuff because other people are.

Another one I get is people thinking they know better about health and loosing weight when they are constantly yo yo dieting and doing it in a really unhealthy way.

Sorry for the rant glad that's over with but I think your friend is probably jealous and she thinks by stopping you loosing weight it will make her weight loss better. Good luck with going back to classes x

Hmm, seems very suspect to tell you that SW doesn't wok whilst attending herself, definitely smells of sabotage! I'm glad you're refocused and back on it, SW does work for so many people, keep it up and you will get there. :)

Who needs friends like that!!! I think it sounds like a bad case of jealousy to me, good for you for going back. SW does work and im sure there are 1000's of people who can vouch for this, just look at minimins for starters. Good luck on your journey, and if along the way you feel the need, just look here for all the support/advice/friends you will ever need. I think the people on here are fantastic

I agree wholeheartedly with what everyone has said. She is certainly no friend. My best friend encouraged me to go to SW with her as she knew I was unhappy with my weight and desperately wanted to do something about it. And despite dropping out herself she has never been anything other than totally encouraging of my decision to carry on with it. She even celebrated with me when I reached target. Now that is what I call a friend, not the person you describe!

:kissass:And I agree with all that has been said too! She just wanted to make herself feel better. Fancy dissing S W but going herself!!! Totaly hypocrasy that! Well you know it works, and as texty says, you have lots of support and info on this fantastic site. We are all here for you! Tell her to do what the icon on the left says ha ha!!! :)

Back