Well that was a bummer....or was it ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by fillymum, 12 July 2011 Social URL.

1. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yesterday was my Valencia day. The day see my oncologist.

Up at 5 a.m. showered looking and smelling good , my friend arrived at 6.30 a.m. and off we went.

We drive part way and then get the train.. It takes about 2 and a half to 3 hours for the trip.

We wait for a while for my name to be called and I suddenly had one of my "witchy" feelings, a really overwhelming one. I felt I needed to check with reception that I was on the days list. Of I go clutching my appointment card with date and time duly recorded by THEM on it and yes you have guessed I was not on the list. They say they sent me a letter informing me of the change of date to August. I did not receive it.

What an absolute bummer........it costs about 65€ to do the trip, but they could not care less about that

Anyway I just looked at my friend and said " Yippeeee, lets hit the shops "

We rewrote the meaning of retail therapy we had a ball . I never buy new clothes but with 50% off sales in C & A, I really could not miss some of the amazing bargains. I bought several tops, all so pretty and amazingly in a large instead of extra large...... was fairly floating with joy !! Another super buy was a black short sleeved shrug/short cardi thingy which will be so useful..........................oh and I bought Paul a shirt, yes just one !!

We got home, tired but happy but with me still a bit, no, a lot tee-ed off.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Every cloud and all that Sue. A pain about the train fare though, that's for sure but some super bargains.

And I had no idea C&A still existed!!!

4. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
  5. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think they only closed down in the U.K.

Their Yessica range is great, good quality, up to the minute, a great size range and washes well.

Actually the train fare is really cheap, I just explained badly. It is the motorway tolls, diesel,the train station is about 40 minutes away, taxis or metro from station to hossie............. having said all that it was worth every cent for such a great day out in the *big city*.

I pay for my friend to go as well cos why should she be out of pocket just to keep me company.

6. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    On the plus side, you get to do it all again in August :D

We still have C&A here in France, but haven't been for absolutely ages as the nearest is in Rennes, which is about an hour away.

7. katty

katty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    dissappointing about your appointment but yep, definitly a plus side to some retail therapy :) can't beat a good bargain shopping trip

8. tpals

tpals Full Member

Start Weight:
    355lb
    Current Weight:
    317.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    185lb
    Lost(%):
    37.8lb(10.65%)
    Can you call the day before to confirm? Glad you had such fun anyway!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.