welshflowers diary of "petals" shed!

I have been a yo-yo dieter from about the age of sixteen. I think I have tried most diets over the years. Cabbage soup diet being the worst :sign0137: I am at my heaviest now, even heavier than when I was pregnant with my children :cry:

After moving to the country three years ago, the weight has piled on. I though I would walk everywhere once I moved here but instead I have just been sitting at home, sampling all the lovely foods the country has to offer! Winter time is the worst for me. Living on top of a mountain, in the middle of nowhere (5 miles to nearest village) I tend to hoard food, light a fire and comfort eat. Usually being snowed in for a couple of weeks means even more panic hoarding and having a food :party0051: Summer time is BBQ time and YES spring and autumn still has excuses to overeat :sigh:

I booked our first family holiday abroad for 1st May 2012 and whilst looking for a swimming costume (haven't owned one for over 8 years) I realised it was going to be a difficult task! The problem I have is the more weight I put on the larger my bust gets. So being a HH means not alot of costumes to choose from :cry:

After seeing a friends photo after she had been on LT I knew it was the diet for me. Like me, she had also tried and failed at most diets. To see how much weight she has lost has given me hope. After finding this forum and being inspired by all the wonderful posts here, I took the plunge.

I think I have choose a difficult time to start with my three children sick (one with croup, one with tonsillitis, one with a cough and cold) and a husband with man-flu. Also, I am recovering from a chest infection BUT....

I started on 11.02.12 weighing 13stone 13lbs.
Day 1
Found the shakes a bit too powdery and nearly had them all back. Felt hungry but just kept filling myself with water. 100% that day so :happy036:

Day 2
Still struggled to keep the shakes down but succeeding! Family had a roast dinner and that was such a struggle :cry: Sleepless night with frequent trips to the loo. 100% that day so :happy036:

Day 3
Woke at 6am with leg cramps. 2 black coffees (with a sweetener) and a vanilla/coffee shake. Read a post on here about looking at the shakes more as a medicine than food, seems to make the shake easier to cope with :) Feeling very happy and positive today. Having little bursts of energy this morning, maybe the coffee, lol. Creeping into ketosis according to the ketostix, so feeling good ;) 100% that day :happy036:

Last edited:
Hi hun,
Welcome! You are doing great so far chcik, keep it up and on your weigh in day you will get such a huge buzz... you`ll blast the weight off in no time if you keep the same mental outlook you have now. You sound so motivated and well done on taking this step whilst having to feed your "bunch" too.... thats a strain in itself. You`ll be running up and down the Welsh hills in no time.... Look forward to your progress... Lou xxx

Thanks Lou :)

Hi Lou,
Thank you for the welcome and support, I really appreciate it. :D I keep thinking of WI and hoping for a good result. I am motivated and trying to stay focused. This forum and all the wonderful stories of the members shedding the weight has been the biggest help for me so far! It is difficult having to prepare food for my lot but also showing me how much strength I do have when I don't pick. Those Welsh hills won't know what hit them now, hehe. I love looking at all the stats on members profiles and signatures. Once again thank you for your support and congratulations to you on your loses too:) Louise xxx

Welcome along!

I don't think there's ever a good time to start LT. If you read the diarys everyone has dead busy lives with lots of temptation.

So well done you for taking the first step to a thinner you!
Stay on the forum for lots of support through the good times and the hard times and you'll be looking loads better by the time that holiday comes along!

Good luck
Dusty

Thank you Dusty :)

I think you are right about there never being a good time to start LT, there will always be something happening in life! I am working my way through the diary section of the forum at the moment.

I will be sure to stay on this forum, it has helped me so much already and if I can help others I will be happy too :)

Good luck to you too, you have done amazing so far!
Louise x

Day 4

Day 4 started off well. After waking at 6am I was able to put of having my first shake until 10am. Went down into the village and luckily they have a couple of public toilets. Was bursting for a wee when I got there, so ran straight to the first toilets. Had terrible tummy cramps and ended up having diarrhea. Managed to walk around the shops until I reached the next public toilets and had to run again :( By the time I got back up to the first lot of toilets I had to run AGAIN :( I was so glad to get home!

My tummy has been burning terrible and the tummy cramps have been quiet bad. Ontop of those the hunger pains were a nightmare. After a few more toilet visits, I am glad to say I feel SO much better now!

I have just had my last shake for the day, no tummy cramps, no burning and no hunger pains (at last.) I am still staying positive and am happy to say I have had another 100% day :woohoo: Off to bed for an early night.

Good luck! :) Love your username. Another Welshie here - from Cardiff :) xx

Hello Janye33, thank you for the good luck :) I am from Blackwood near Caerphilly but now living in the BlackMoutains in Hereford (well on the Welsh border.) I used to work in cardiff a few years ago and learnt to drive there too (that was an experience, lol.) Good luck to you too :) Louise x

Well doen Louise on getting so far along the first week. Not long till wiegh in now when you'll find that all the hard things you've goen through this week will be worth it!

After getting through week 1 you'll find things easier, though don't be fooled into thinking it will all be easy. But stay on this forum and take heart from all the success stories on here.

Good luck wiht weigh in 1

Ahh, I know the areas well :) I'm just at the foot of Caerphilly Mountain - on the Cardiff side ;) So, not quite a city centre girl, but close enough lol

Hope today is going well for you with the shakes :) xx

Hi I think you are doing great - we started at the same time give or take a day!! I know what you mean about needing the loo frequently but look at it as your body flushing out the bad things still left in your system! I had that burning sensation too but it goes- the water should help with that hunger pangs!!!
I like the shakes I just use the lt shaker but if you find them powdery perhaps a blender might be better? Also I love cooking for my oh and three kids I get pleasure in seeing them eat the healthy meal that I prepared - for some reason not eating the cooked food makes it easier for me! I think I used to be so hungry and tired I resented making meals. But I know know it's not forever and by the time I'm ready to refeed my families diet habits will have changed for the better making it easier on me!
Keep it up you are doing great xxxxx

Well doen Louise on getting so far along the first week. Not long till wiegh in now when you'll find that all the hard things you've goen through this week will be worth it!

After getting through week 1 you'll find things easier, though don't be fooled into thinking it will all be easy. But stay on this forum and take heart from all the success stories on here.

Good luck wiht weigh in 1

Thanks Dusty, week one was tough but week two is a little easier.

Ahh, I know the areas well :) I'm just at the foot of Caerphilly Mountain - on the Cardiff side ;) So, not quite a city centre girl, but close enough lol

Hope today is going well for you with the shakes :) xx

Hi Jayne, a little quieter there than the City though, lol. On day 10 now and just putting up with the shakes!

Hi I think you are doing great - we started at the same time give or take a day!! I know what you mean about needing the loo frequently but look at it as your body flushing out the bad things still left in your system! I had that burning sensation too but it goes- the water should help with that hunger pangs!!!
I like the shakes I just use the lt shaker but if you find them powdery perhaps a blender might be better? Also I love cooking for my oh and three kids I get pleasure in seeing them eat the healthy meal that I prepared - for some reason not eating the cooked food makes it easier for me! I think I used to be so hungry and tired I resented making meals. But I know know it's not forever and by the time I'm ready to refeed my families diet habits will have changed for the better making it easier on me!
Keep it up you are doing great xxxxx

Hi Angellove, Thank you. Thank you for the suggestion about seeing the loo trips as your body flushing out the bad things :) I can understand about the cooking, it is a pleasure to watch the family eat a healthy meal that I have prepared :) I think the weight had made me really lazy because I used to snack and fill the family with pies and pasties instead of having to cook :(

Good luck with your weight loss, we can do it ;)

Day 10

Day 10 and 100% so far :D

Day 8 I felt unwell after the flapjack, terrible stomach cramps and light headed:confused: Day 9 felt REALLY ill after the flapjack again, to the point I was going to give up and eat. I had terrible stomach pains and felt like I was going to pass out all the time, so had to sit down or crawl on my hands and knees if I needed to go to the loo :cry: I am assuming the flapjacks don't agree with me and will be speaking to the pharmacist about it. I didn't give up and feel so much better today :) Did struggle a little earlier when I could smell the childrens tea but ended up painting my nails to distract myself (nail vanish fumes are good for some things, lol.) Looking forward to WI 2 :)

Hi :) Have just spotted your first week's weight loss - well done! :D Although sounds like the flapjacks aren't going to be your friend! :-/

I painted my nails over and over again in the early days - mostly whilst the smell of the family tea was cooking! Definitely helps :)

Good luck for week 2 weigh in :) xx

Back