We've got 10% to go - team challenge

bettiesrevenge

Gold Member
Hi all.

This is a team challenge for all us out there who have about 10% of our original start weight left to lose.

The rules are simples...

• You can be following SS+ upwards (no strict SS as this is all about developing new tools in this weight management malarkie)
  • Each Sunday you commit to posting an update on here, including weight lost for the week, details of your plan etc.
  • You can share with the team any new strategies which are working for you (they will be greatfully recieved by me particularly)
The whole point of starting this team is there are a few of us out there, who have only got a little bit of weight to go (in the stone and a half region) but we are either hitting a brick wall or fannying about! This will give us a place where we can all come and support each other on the final furlong to slimville!

So here it is copy the format below to begin.

Bettiesrevenge
Challenge Start weight 156lbs.
Target 135lbs
21 to go...:cry:

I think this includes me but I just need to post to check the numbers... hang on...

Right. Yes. Me.

spangles
Challenge start weight: 186lbs
Aspirational target: 160lbs
Minimum target*: 170lbs
weight left to lose: 16lbs or 26lbs, depending on how you slice it.

*the minimum target will take me under BMI 30 - not on here, because it's all in inches and pounds... i'm taller in centimetres, though (162cm is 5'3" and about two-thirds), which means i can weigh more for the same BMI. Anyway, ideally i'll go ten pounds below that to allow for dodgy scales and water retention etc, as I navigate various medical weigh-in in the near-ish future.

Last edited:
Excellent!

Here's to the last battle! ( I am toasting you with a bottle of water here!)

Anyone else?

might need to invite some of the usual suspects. speaking personally this is my first time in the teams forum, so people might not see it.

True!

I shall go hawk some peeps!

HI

Yes - I need to join in here please. I am, as you say, dancing along the top of my wall and definitely fanning about. It seems that a lot of my commitment has gone, now I am in view of the target.

The problem I do have is that I have just had my wedding dress fitting, and can't afford to lose too many inches! Well - any really, since its fitted to my size now and has no straps. Don't want it falling down! :)

So -
Challenge Start Weight - 147 lbs
Target - 140lbs is fine by me
Aspirational target - 133lbs

7lbs to lose (14lbs for amazing!)

Oh - as Spangles said, this is my 1st time in the team box, never wandered this way before. We might need to drum up customers.

Yes you can chubbers!

I am going to chase mel, lara and kira over too :)

Hi, can I join too please?

Challenge start weight: 174lbs
Goal target: 154lbs BMI 25
Might go to 147lbs depending on how I look, saggy skin etc.!!

Better late than never!

Kira
Challenge start weight: 132.86lbs
Minimum goal weight: 119lbs
Aspirational goal weight: 112lbs
Weight left to lose: 13 1/2lbs or 20 1/2lbs (May decide to take it slower to lose the remaining half stone so I can deal with food in the real world!)

So - how is everyone attacking the last few pounds? I am totally unmotivated and struggling to move anything. Been aiming at these last 7 pounds for about 2 months now :(

well, i officially begin stepping up two weeks today, but i've been on SS+ for a week already, and will likely stay on it for the next two weeks. So that'll be three weeks SS+, the a week 810, 2 weeks on 1000, 2 weeks on 1200 and two weeks on 1500. I weigh in tonight, so I hope i can shift a good chunk of whatever remains of the targeted 16/26lbs in the next 9 weeks.

anything left will be attacked with dietchef, after i'm back from holiday.

good luck with your weight in spangles. I'm unsure what to do at the moment, technically got 8lbs to go, but I think I might lower my target slightly. xx

Thanks

5.5lbs this week - not nearly enough to compensate for the recent rubbish ones, but the best i'm going to get... and I *am* pleased.:D

so that makes:

Challenge start weight: 186lbs
Current weight: 180lbs
Aspirational target: 160lbs
Minimum target*: 170lbs
weight left to lose: 10lbs or 20lbs.

Flipping flooking heck spangles - just 10lbs to go! Fantastic or what. I think you so need that extra pack.

I think something odd happens after 3 months, where you adjust to the lower calories, which is why the add a meal weeks come in. Maybe staying with SS+ is the way forward.

In my case I am stopping messing about, so far I've had 2 packs, 200mls of skimmed milk and 100g of quorn, I'm going to have the rest of my quorn made into bolagnaise with some mushrooms, basil a touch of tomato purée and some stock ( marigold obvs) and my last pack at supper before bed. I did the same last night and was not nearly so exhausted and ravenous this morning - that's also because I took melatonin and knocked myself out at 8pm!

I am also quite proud as I have been slotting a 20 minute walk into my work day! Which is better than nothing!

i've been so much happier eating four times a day, too. i think three meals a day plus planned small snacks has to be part of my long-term maintenance. If i eat regularly that will at least rule out binges borne of hunger. and if i bring a snack to work for morning break, i'll have something good available instead of going to the canteen for junk.

Oh god me too! There evidence to suggest that between 4 and 6 smaller meals a day are best!

Ive been looking at diet chef and graze as some solutions as well. My issue is I am so busy in general that in my previous life I was just noshing inappropriate things because I didn't make time to nourish myself! It's a poor show really.

Has anyone seen the diet plate BTW? The thing that suggests the right portion control?

Back