What a blessing and my photo 6mths on

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 1 March 2008.

1. Dancing

Dancing Well-Known Member

After my recent posts that reflected my struggles and concerns I thought it would be appropriate to tip the balance the other way and share how these last two days have been great.

The struggle is over. I no longer feel like I'm depriving myself. Instead, I seem to have remembered just what a blessing this diet is and that is partly down to those of you who have shared your joy at:

• putting on a pair of jeans that when you last tried didn't go up over your hips and you didn't think they would fit now - only to find they fit perfectly. I remember that happening to me too
    • enjoying a bath without having the water dam up behind you - I'd completely forgotten that used to happen
    as well as:
    • reading the posts on the LL thread "what's keeping you going" - especially Blonde Logic's, who as always writes beautifully with such expression and I relate to everything she writes
    So, what is keeping me going?
    • Minimins
    • A desire to be in a healthy, loving relationship (never had the confidence to have a relationship while overweight)
    • The need to be ME again
    • The possibilites that this vlcd has given me and the freedom and carefreeness that comes with the reduction in weight
    • Recognising that I do like myself now - thanks to losing the weight (I couldn't see past my weight before so how could anyone else. Now I can stand there in front of people and feel proud of who I am)
    • Choosing to be in control around food and to see this through to the end reinforces that I am a strong, committed, person with integrity
    So, this is the start of being in the zone again. Phew it took its time. Thanks for all of you who posted your joyful experiences as a result of your weight/measurements going down. You may have only been sharing how you felt but in the process you were inspiring others and reminding me of why I'm doing this.

........ so, I now think "Easter - it is only one weekend. Who needs to eat a chocolate egg and a hot cross bun when soon I'll be eating my own healthy home cooked meals". I am looking forward to doing that - but I CAN wait to do that :D
    Last edited: 1 March 2008
  2. spannerpan

spannerpan Well-Known Member

Dancing what a great post!

I agree with what you say - on a VLCD we have our ups and downs but then everything in life is like that. We are never 100% happy all the time.

Glad you are back in the zone though. I agree wouldn't it be nice to have a hot cross bun but then we can have them when we get to goal in moderation.

I was thinking today - it is a choice - for example you might have to choose between a nice holiday abroad or a new car as you can't afford both. So you decide what you want most and go with it. On the diet front you can lose weight and be slim and get all the great things that go along with it - OR you can go back to your old eating habits.

And lol about the bath water - I noticed the other day in the bath that the water wasn't damming up behind me and I was like WOW!
  3. Dancing

here are photos of me taken today - 6mths after starting my diet. You can see my before photos in the Gallery.

Attached Files:

4. Dancing

ok, decided to put one of the befores here

Attached Files:

5. Dancing

thanks anna!
  6. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Well-Known Member

That was a really great post, and the difference in your before and after photo's is just :wow:

You look amazing, and I hope there be lots more of us with similar photo's to post later this year :)
  7. suemal

suemal Well-Known Member

Well done you.You look great.Isn't it good getting in those jeans.I got in a size 14 yesterday,there very old jeans and haven't fit me in 13 years and even then i couldn't breathe properly.Now there even a bit big.
  8. AG1981

AG1981 Well-Known Member

WOW Dancing,

Your pictures are an inspiration. You look amazing!!!

9. esmeotto

esmeotto Well-Known Member

Wow your photos are amazing, what a great transformation! I wish I had your boobs, I'm expecting to be flat chested when I reach goal...grrr

It's great that your back on track and in the zone, just have a bath when you need more reassurance!
    It won't be much longer now till you're at goal....who needs easter eggs and hot cross buns anyhow, when you can have a malt toffee bar :D

Great inspiration for us all!!
  10. misscheeky

misscheeky Well-Known Member

wow dancing ur pics look amazing u are doing sooo well :)
  11. Dancing

thanks everyone!
  12. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Hey Dancing

WOW just been looking at your photos!
    You look great i cant believe it!
    That is great motivation for me!
    No offence but you look much younger!

You should be really proud of yourself you look amazing!!

How much more weight do you want to lose?

Lou x
  13. wigglychick

wigglychick Well-Known Member

oh Dancing you look absolutely marvellous - well done :D
  14. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

you look brill well done
  15. prettyfromtheback

prettyfromtheback Well-Known Member

Great post! It's so important to have these things to think about when it's tempting to fall of the wagon. Your pictures are amazing I can't believe you have more weight to lose!
  16. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations and well done, you look amazing...

Love Mini xxx
  17. daisydaisy

daisydaisy Well-Known Member

Dancing - what a fantastic and honest post. And you're looking AMAZING! In fact you've just inspired me to get back on CD on Monday - I've been struggling badly of late but I suddenly feel very positive and up for it. You've shown me it can be done, and that the hard times CAN be got through - so thank you xx
  18. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Total transformation...you must feel fab!!
  19. dreamingmaid

dreamingmaid Banned

WOW Dancing.....you look amazing. What an incredible achievement. I always love reading your posts...even if i'm too busy to reply most of the time, they're always very thought provoking xx
  20. Ti@ra-M@ker

Ti@ra-M@ker member

Wow, I think you look and ARE amaziing....Well done!