what a chatty lot

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 26 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Just want to say that I spend most of my time on the LL section of this forum and have only been in the CD area twice - once when I had the excellent prompt to read the ooops! thread (oh how I laughed and it was what I needed on a low day). And again today to have a quick glance ... can't believe how much more you lot chat then we do on LL.

I'm converted to reading the threads here now and I'm concerned I will have no life outside of MiniMins ..... I've replaced eating with MiniMins and am always have a quick peek throughout the day as it helps keep me focused and motivated.

I look forward to reading some good things here
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi there Dancing, we are indeed a chatty lot, helps us through the days especially when they are tough! All are welcome though so jump on board and get chatting, LL and CD are all VLCD's at the end of the day and therefore all the same trials and tribulations!!

Oh and by the way, well done on your losses so far!

Georgie
    x

4. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey hun, I'm only on day 4 of CD but i'm like you, whenever i feel the need to eat i come on here and reply to some posts or just have a read. It really helps! Well, that and drinking what seems like 10 Gallons of water!!! lol
    You look like you're doing really well on LL. Is that similar to CD?

5. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

That makes 2 of us addicted to minimins I think I need help.:D

6. Opeyx

Opeyx Full Member

Start Weight:
    230lb
    Current Weight:
    161lb
    Goal Weight:
    185lb
    Lost(%):
    69lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    its my week off and ive been on here 24/7 inbetween revison and coursework this is my new food, minimins

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Yes, no reason why I can't hang out here as well as LL (well, other than the already mentioned addiction)

Yep, LL is like CD but has counselling (cognitive behavioural therapy and transactional analysis) included in a group session each week. I'm not sure about CD but also with LL there is development (for those that need to lose more weight after completing the 100 days we sign up for) and then Route to Management where we slowly reintroduce foods.

I am pleased with my weight loss so far and have just (today) reached my first big goal that I set myself (to lose the three stone I lost at the beginning of last year and then put on at the start of this year). It is my birthday today and so I feel like it is my birthday present to myself.

I had a tough week last week. ... apparently it is common to feel a bit low during week 7/8 and I guess that plus the desire to get to my first goal was frustrating me. But today I'm feeling good

I will have to spend so many hours reading all the threads that have been written just in the last week here - let alone how much time it will take me to find all the nuggets of information that have been shared in the past by all of you and those that have come before us.

Enjoy your Friday

8. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I love mims!!! Not sure how on earth I'd cope without it! It's just soooo comforting to know that whatever you are going through (diet wise or otherwise) there's always support & encourgement to be found here!

Welcome to the CD threads! We are very pleased to have you! Great going so far too! x

9. clairejak

clairejak Member

Diet:
    cd
    hi everyone on minimins i'm new to the cd diet- have been on it for 5 days now and not cheated once , but i fear with saturday night looming that i may stray to the wine , is this really bad of me any ideas how to stop my naughty-ness ??? plus i seem to be feeling a dit down today and seem to be arguing with everyone do you think that could be linked with the cd ????:wave_cry:

10. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    hey, you really should avoid wine at all costs. Not only is it very dangerous to drink while SSing but the alcohol can spark all sorts of cravings and throw all your good intentions out the window! I personally would stick to the water better to be safe than sorry;) . And besides, there will be loads of other nights out when you get to goal :D. Ask yourself what you want more and you'll have the answer.

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

clairejak

remain focused on why you started SS. Do you want to be slim more than you want a glass (or more) of wine on Saturday night?

What will you do next Saturday night, or the next?

It would slow your progress down to drink so have a good hard think about the impact of it on what you have chosen to do. It won't be forever - Saturday nights will be there in the future and you will be able to enjoy them while looking hot hot hot and slim and confident.

Good luck

12. Sussex Girl

Sussex Girl Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Happy Birthday Dancing

:party0023:

we can't eat or drink for your birthday, so we can have a boogie instead!!

I also have a look at the LL thread sometimes and actually find it quite interesting. I think that someone already said they are both VLCD and therefore very similar. The counselling is the big difference.

I couldn't afford to do LL and have done CD before so I would always stick with that, but would love to be a fly on the wall at some of the meetings you have. I might pick up a few tips!! :D

Hedgemag likes this.
  13. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

i just noticed that there are 1 or 2 ppl viewing the other forums but 23 viewing CD!!!!

Hahaha, mind i suppose im a constant lurker :)
    Happy birthday Dancing xxxx

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks for the birthday wishes. And for the boogie! You would have thought with a name like mine that I would have considered having a birthday boogie before now - but I didn't. What's going on there:cool:

15. clairejak

clairejak Member

Diet:
    cd
    thanks dobbie and dancing for your reply , i know a lot of my weight gain is probably down to drinking in the first place , i can't remember the last weekend without alcohol consumption maybe a should be doing aa not cd (ha ha) right willpower at the ready will be good may have to devour a cd bar instead (i've only got one at the moment so saving it for emergency chocolate use)

16. clairejak

clairejak Member

Diet:
    cd
    oh happy birthday too

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.