what a waste of a year

debtin

Gold Member
Just dug out the sw books and it was this time last year I joined and am same weight I was then. Yes I weigh now minus my clothes but it roughly equates to same weight. Just feels like a year of "on/off, on/off" with regards to sw. What is wrong with me? Come on here and moan about sts or not losing or needing do excercise and year later here I am moaning again. I admit I don't have a lot to lose but doesn't help the self loathing when I catch my wrinkly tummy and flabby legs. I need to do this for me. I need sw and excercise to become my life not a phase where I do good some weeks and not so good other weeks. When I do good I feel myself becoming obsessed then counting cals as opposed to enjoying sw for what it is. How do I do this? How do others manage?

could of wrote this post myself in January :(

Setting little targets, remembering how it feels to get into smaller clothes (or like me fitting into current ones without muffin top haha). Taking time and enjoying food again, but remembering do I really need to waste syns on a bar of chocolate ect.

I am in the zone again, but taking it slow and steady this time round! 12 weeks and lost 14 1/2 lb slow and steady lol!

Wow that is great, you must be chuffed. I hear myself moan all time yet get no where. Will try to do daily goals but with weekly meals planned. Will sit down one day I get break from little one to re read mags and come on here to get new meal ideas. Find it hard as oh quite fussy and on budget so need plan meals we can both benefit from. Your doing great and thanks for advice x

You have just summed up the last 7 years of my life, it's shocking how much money, time and effort I have wasted! Back on the wagon now, never to look back!

Good luck on your journey!

I am the same, i cant believe that i could of been at goal now if i had stuck with slimming world and not change to weightwatchers, It did not suit me and i gained back the two stone i lost. When i lost the two stone I started to feel it in my clothes and people were commenting how great i looked, I cant believe i went back to square one but its not that you fell of the horse its the fact you got back on and your determined to keep trying, Put the effort in it and you will see results, Its only been 2 weeks and i am 1/2 stone down already and my skin is clearer, got more energy, already feel different even if the difference is not apparent yet physically in my body size. keep focused and you will do great!

Brilliant that is great loss. It amazes me how quick time goes and how I can't get to target. Think its definately excercise I need so that's my way forward. Good luck x

I decided whilst pregnant, that after my son was born, I was going to loose weight, seriously do it, and keep it off, (I've got a girl and a boy, so I dont want anymore kids)!

Anyway, I joined sw when he was 2 weeks old. I'd planned to do it, but a couple of days before I'd tried to get myself a winter coat and ended up crying in the shop because they looked awful!

I just knew that I wanted to feel confident again, and not worry about taking endless clothes into the changing room and having to buy what flatters rather than what i want!

I got an exercise DVD and did it while the baby slept, and i still do it now - i got into the habit of doing it, and now its natural to do it.

I also still go to slimming world each week, cos if i didnt, i know the weight would creep up and back on.

Start now! Then look back this time next year, and pat yourself on the back for breaking the cycle! xx

charlotte1985 said:
I decided whilst pregnant, that after my son was born, I was going to loose weight, seriously do it, and keep it off, (I've got a girl and a boy, so I dont want anymore kids)!

Anyway, I joined sw when he was 2 weeks old. I'd planned to do it, but a couple of days before I'd tried to get myself a winter coat and ended up crying in the shop because they looked awful!

I just knew that I wanted to feel confident again, and not worry about taking endless clothes into the changing room and having to buy what flatters rather than what i want!

I got an exercise DVD and did it while the baby slept, and i still do it now - i got into the habit of doing it, and now its natural to do it.

I also still go to slimming world each week, cos if i didnt, i know the weight would creep up and back on.

Start now! Then look back this time next year, and pat yourself on the back for breaking the cycle! xx

Thanks for that. You have put me to shame as I have only one baby who isn't even a baby any more, the workout lasts 30 mins, yet I still come up with excuses not to do it. Do you find it has changed your shape doing it? I am smallish weight but have a horrible shape. Problem is I want results quick. Need to learn to be patient. Good for you, keep it up..you have spurned me on thanks x

Its totally changed my shape, after about the first 4-6 weeks I started to notice the results. Stick at it. You'll be so proud of yourself! x

New week new start. I usually manage couple weeks. The thirty day shred is meant to be done every day for 30 days but think when I couldn't do it every night I was beating myself up. Will give myself a minimum number days per week and if I get by that I will be pleased...thanks

I'm doing the 30 day shred and definitely don't do every day, I aim to do 5 a week but will do whatever I can. The only thing I say is I need a good reason to not do it but not to beat myself up when I can't.
I also do a daily food diary on here and have just started adding a daily thought/ goal. Daily small goals are great, even if it "stick to 10 syns today" or " do 30 mins exercise". It's a great feeling to be able to tick it off (I give myself a tick on the calendar).
You can do it!! Good luck x

michmick said:
I'm doing the 30 day shred and definitely don't do every day, I aim to do 5 a week but will do whatever I can. The only thing I say is I need a good reason to not do it but not to beat myself up when I can't.
I also do a daily food diary on here and have just started adding a daily thought/ goal. Daily small goals are great, even if it "stick to 10 syns today" or " do 30 mins exercise". It's a great feeling to be able to tick it off (I give myself a tick on the calendar).
You can do it!! Good luck x

Ah I like this idea, esp the tick. The thing is,when am in the zone and doing the dvd I love it....at times I wanted to do it every day so will dust myself down and start afresh from Monday. Thank you

Hun try and not be so hard on yourself! Most of us have been in a similar position, I feel like Ive wasted years trying to get happy with my weight!

I feel like it has clicked for me this time because I am being a lot more sensible. I am not expecting to lose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time. I havent even set myself a target. My target is to eat healthy each day and exercise three days a week. My body will gradually get to a size and shape it is happy with by doing that. Im also not expecting miracles. I ate what I wanted for two months to get to this size, I know it will take two months to get back and then more to lose the rest.

I got a bit distracted this wknd by calorie counting and all it did was make mr binge! Not good! I would deffo say focus on sw and eating healthy. It may be slower weight loss but is the best for my mental health!!

Fat_ted21 said:
Hun try and not be so hard on yourself! Most of us have been in a similar position, I feel like Ive wasted years trying to get happy with my weight!

I feel like it has clicked for me this time because I am being a lot more sensible. I am not expecting to lose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time. I havent even set myself a target. My target is to eat healthy each day and exercise three days a week. My body will gradually get to a size and shape it is happy with by doing that. Im also not expecting miracles. I ate what I wanted for two months to get to this size, I know it will take two months to get back and then more to lose the rest.

I got a bit distracted this wknd by calorie counting and all it did was make mr binge! Not good! I would deffo say focus on sw and eating healthy. It may be slower weight loss but is the best for my mental health!!

Thanks for that...I really am in a rush and that's my problem. This is what am changing this time...my mindset. As you say if I dont see losses it isn't end world. I am determined to up the excercise and have six weeks to a wedding so hoping that keeps me going. Thanks again and good luck x

Back