Original What am I doing wrong?!! Slimming world original plan

So I've been on virtually every diet you can think of and the only one I ever had success on is the good old stress diet following a break up years ago, combined with the Atkins diet and replacing evening meals with a bottle of wine! Not healthy!

Anyway as you can imagine the weight piled back on, I've also had a baby since then and am currently 2 and a half to 3 stone over weight. I've tried a number of diets over the last 3 years since DD was born. Have gone through all of them, WW, 5:2, atkins, and currently back to slimming world.

I started back on slimming world (on my own as I already have the books and can't afford classes/haven't got time for classes at the mo) exactly 3 weeks ago. Did great the first week and lost 3lbs but rewarded myself with 'goodies' that weekend. Epic fail! Following saturday weigh in I had gained 2lbs back, and despite being good in the week.
was good again the next week...lost 2lbs. Had a few Valentine's Day treats the evening after weigh in. Nothing major though. Been extra good all week. Weighed in today expecting to see maybe 0.5 loss. No. I GAINED 1lb!!!!
So very annoyed!!!

I haven't been exercising as I was in a bad car crash at the start of the diet and am injured so can't fully exercise at the mo. I might attempt a run today however...we'll see.

I have been predominantly following the original plan with the odd extra easy day here and there.

Will add a typical days menu shortly but have to nip to take DD swimming....back soon!

Start weight 12lb 7
1st weigh in 12lb 4
2nd weigh in 12lb 6
3rd weigh in 12lb 4
4th weigh in 12st 5 (today)
Target weight 9st 4lb
Realistic weight that I'd be happy to get to 10st!!

Last edited:
A typical day would be (original plan)

Breakfast
Overnight porridge oats...35g (HeXa)
70g dried apricots (HeXb)
Topped with Asda frozen summer fruits and frozen blueberries (both thawed overnight)
Vanilla mullerlight

Mid morning - banana

Lunch
Syn free veg soup (homemade - literally chicken stock, veg, seasoning)
Few slices of Ham
Apple
Satsumas

Dinner
Salmon, broccoli, carrots, butternut squash, small jacket potato (HeXb)
Mullerlight yoghurt

Evening snack curly wurly, alpen light

Throughout the day I generally drink tea...quite a lot. Not a massive amount of water but a few glasses.

I feel like I've missed something off but I don't think I have! I haven't really felt hungry and so I have been sticking to it.

Hello
Sorry to hear about your car accident, it sort of knocks you for six doesn't it? But good to hear you are bouncing back and even thinking of running, so well done you!!
Your food diary looks a good plan. The only thing I can see is that you are probably eating more syns than you realise:
Porridge is a HEB (not A which is only cheese & milk) or 6 syns
The allowance for dried apricots is 60gr not 70gr (70gr would be 7 syns)
Small jacket potato is a third HEB (28gr = 1 syn)

Your Curly Wurly would be 6 syns and Alpen Light 3 syns, so you would still be within your syns allowance, but only just.
Have you considered trying Extra Easy? you would only get one HEB, but would be able to eat proteins and carbs without counting.

Hope this helps, and please ask if you need any more help.
Tina x

Back