Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What are losses like on SS+ with the meal

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by miniwanabe, 2 July 2008 Social URL.

1. miniwanabe

miniwanabe Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi Guys!

I've just restarted SSing after a Week long fall off the wagon!

I’m on day 3 & it is so much tougher than the first time round – I’m thinking than a nice chicken salad to look forward to in the evening would make all the difference. But I don’t want to slow down weightloss too much. To be honest- the first time round I did cheat a bit (the odd bit of chicken or prawn here and there) but I’m trying to stick to it this time.

I just wanted to know what people’s experiences have been with SS+ having a green and white meal once a day and what your losses were like?

Thanks

xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Naturally_Stush

Naturally_Stush Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I lost 9 and a quarter lbs first week on SS+

4. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi,
    i cant seem to ss properly as i keep eating , however in june i have lost 10lb. For 2 weeks of it i was completely off the wagon but managed to loose during those weeks. At the beginning of june i was 11stone 9lb and yesterday i weighed 10st 13lb. I will admit to a few greasy spoons in that time aswell . However yesterdays weigh in has spurred me on and im back ss ing. I have restarted so many times i have this mental block in my head telling myself its just as easy as first time round . People are now noticing my loss . Keep with it and work out what suits you best .

5. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Hiya!!:)

I did SS+ and lost 3 stone in 3 months - probably would've been a bit more but have been going up the plans (sort of) the last couple of weeks as am going on hols next week:D. Plan to get back onto SS+ when i return - couldn't do SS - too severe for me:(. I am very pleased with the results so far!;)

6. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Hey hun I'm on SS+ and have lost 5lbs so far in 3 days!! My CDC said the losses are the same on SS and SS+, its just up to you whether you abstain and take a break from conventional food completely or have the small meal. You will stay in ketosis on SS+ so its exactly the same as SS but you just get to eat a little each day, which i find helps me mentally as when I feel like a little nibble in the evening I dont have to feel guilty as its 'allowed'. For me, when SSing I often would have a small green and white meal when I struggled but would feel so bad about it. Now I don't have to :)

xxx

7. s_786

s_786 Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.25%)
    Diet:
    CD
    i am thinking of SS+ too as I am constantly tired on SS...

8. miniwanabe

miniwanabe Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    woohooo back in ketosis

Thanks guys, very helpful.

just had my 3rd pack so I'm gonna take my time preparing a nice tuna salad. It says in the book to have it with low fat dressing, but I thought low fat dressings were higher in carbs?

Also, can we grill or dry-fry?

Well done wanabeslim! thats a brilliant loss & I totally agree about the guilt thing and at least SS+ sets boundaries.

Naturally stoosh, thats amazing for the first week , what week are you on now? are you still on SS+?

9. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    You can grill and dry fry hun. I tend to avoid dressings where possible and only have it in small amounts. When shopping for dressings I look at the carb contents as well as the fat and calories. Low fat is a must, low cal is a bonus, low carb is important- moreso IMO than the cals.

Just had my final pack of the day :) feeling full now xxx

10. snowwonder

snowwonder Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet

can you recommend any dressing which are good low carb?
    thanks

11. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    none of them are really hence i try to avoid it. I have got the kraft light thousand island dressing and the garlic and herbs one too, they arent great but better than some, and I very rarely use them. Vinagrette I believe is the best as it has the least of everything, but I hate it!

xx

12. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I started on ss+ from the start and have lost 6.5, 4.5, 5.5. 53/4, 6lbs so far. My cdc says that from all the people she sees more have stuck to ss+ than ss. Personally doubt i'd of stuck at it without the 1 meal a day but guess thats down to the individual.

13. Springador

Springador Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    CD
    What is your typical days menu on s/s plus, I know you can have 3 packs but what can you eat and how much.

14. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Its in the yellow book hun, but its basically a 200kcal meal made up of green veg and white meat xx

15. corioboria

corioboria Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Ive done SS+ and 810 since the beginning. I must have a low ketosis threshold because some days I eat a lot more than 200 cals with my meal, just always low carbs.

I've done nearly 10 weeks now, and after my initial drop I'm averaging just over 2 pounds a week, for a total loss of 27 pounds. Also have fat measuring scales at home and about 3/4 of the loss is fat, so I'm really happy.

I've had two huge weekend falls off the wagon during that time, but have got back on really easily.

I'm eating quite a lot and really enjoying it & I'm more than happy with 2lb a week. Also because the loss is slow enough, my skin seems to be keeping pace so far......

16. snowwonder

snowwonder Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet

so what do you have for you meal.

is tuna allowed?

17. laws1200

laws1200 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi, I am doing SS+ i lost 14lbs in my first week!!!!
    I have a shake for brekki and a tetra for lunch and soup 'starter' for tea with either 225g low fat cottage cheese (this makes a really big bowl) and 2tbsp chopped lettuce,celery and cucmber (this is a very small amount of greens but it still fills you).
    You can swap the cpottage cheese for 120g chicken (this is not a lot about 3 or 4 cubes I add spices like jerk and grill on BBQ or george foreman)
    190g white fish this is quite a big slice of fish I add spice like cajun and grill on george foreman or BBQ
    or 1 small tin of tuna in springwater this one I find bland because I cant think what to add to the tuna (I like tuna but usually with lashing of mayo!!!)
    You can also have some veggi type but I dont have these.
    It completly fills me up and i dont have cravings for foods as i get a 'meal' at night.
    I have done SS three times before and never succeeeded as I was craving foods all the time.
    I'm currently on day 10 (only had 1 vodka and diet coke a treat for getting a promotion at work and really wasn't bothered about it but fella said we had to celebrate) I am happy with the diet, feel confident about it feel success already. I can honestly the future looks bright!!!!!

18. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    hey hun,
    i do ss+ and have done since the start and my losses are in my signature,i have had some great losses on ss+,its only meant to be a difference of 1-2lbs per month,
    good luck with it,
    elaine x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.