What are people doing with their avocados?

margarino

Chronic dieter!!!
Hello all,

I'm at the end of week two of Atkins (9.6 lbs lost :happy036: ) - feeling really good, IBS symptoms have disappeared and my mood is much improved!

So i am now trying to introduce new things to make meals a little more interesting! Yesterday i added pumpkin seeds and walnuts, which was really nice. I've also bought some pesto sauce, yummy!!

And.... An avocado... But i have no idea what to do with it... Any suggestions about what i can add to it/eat it with on Phase 1?

Thanks peeps!

Great loss Margarino! :D

About the Avocado, I have mine sliced or diced in a salad or I sometimes just put some mayo in the hole the stone leaves in half an avocado & eat it like a boiled egg... Make sure it's ripe, they can be tunip-y and tasteless. They are about 8 grams carbs per 100 grams I think.

Lol, really do hope you enjoy it.... One of the Beatles - Ringo I think - remarked he thought they tasted like candle wax. :D

Agree they are best and ready when they give as you squeeze them. Have either half with some vinagrette or sliced into salad or with tomatoes and mozarella (not induction) or mushed up as guacamole dip (can have on own or add sour cream) or in boursin sauce (think i stuck my favorite prawn/bousin/leek/avocado recipe on the sticky). Just give it a go;)

Kat1e said:
Agree they are best and ready when they give as you squeeze them. Have either half with some vinagrette or sliced into salad or with tomatoes and mozarella (not induction) or mushed up as guacamole dip (can have on own or add sour cream) or in boursin sauce (think i stuck my favorite prawn/bousin/leek/avocado recipe on the sticky). Just give it a go;)

Thanks Katie! Might try your recipe, it sounds yummy!!

My mum always makes guacamole with over ripe avocados but uses cream cheese, lemon juice, grated onion, chopped toms, wostershire sauce, tobacco and salt and pep to taste....maybe tweak to be LC friendly but mmmmmmm!

Back