What are we eating today?

Just go back and stick to it Kay, it can be hard in the early days sometimes.

Nescafe' with double cream (2 mugs) for breakfast. Seriously strong cheese salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) for lunch with coleslaw and Mayo. Chicken breast wrapped in streaky bacon, topped with a cheese slice & baked in oven, plus cabbage sautéed in butter for dinner. More Nescafe' with cream in the evening. Total, 17 carbs but an awful lot of calories..

Edit,
I decided to have some Raspberries so that's 5 extra carbs, 22 in all.

Last edited:
If i keep the carbs to 20g or below then i can eat plenty of cals and still lose. The minute the carbs creep up then calories start counting - shame!

If i keep the carbs to 20g or below then i can eat plenty of cals and still lose. The minute the carbs creep up then calories start counting - shame!

Yes, same here, I don't even bother to watch my cals. :)

Just ate a coconut MiM. Took forever to eat! Made it with dessicated coconut rather than coconut flour because I saw it on a primal site and just had to make it right now.

30g dessicated coconut
1 egg
5g butter (melted)
Half teaspoon baking powder

It definitely has potential. I'm thinking of adding some seeds next time and perhaps attempting a sweet cream cheese topping...

I've also finally made the sweet chilli sauce i've been threatening for a while. My mum was looking at me like I was crazy while I mixed water, splenda, xanthen gum and chilli puree but it worked far better than I ever imagined it would. Had it with cut up birds eye premium quarter pounders (wanted crispy chilli beef but again it was a spur of the moment decision to make it).

To make the sauce:

100ml Boiling Water
7g Chilli Puree
1g Splenda
Xanthen gum

I put 1g Splenda in a bowl, added the boiling water (Splenda dissolves instantly), added 8g chilli puree (I used 10g but it was slightly too strong), add some xanthen gum, put it through a sieve and use a spoon to mash up the remaining chillis etc in the sieve. Add this back to sieved sauce and leave it for about 10 minutes. Don't use too much xanthen gum. I thought it wasn't working so added more. When I came back it was very thick so I watered it down.

This sauce definitely has potential. Was under 50 kcals and 2g carbs. Would be superb on butter fried chicken breast IMO.

Pics if anyone wants them.

Yes to pics please James - and can you post the whole coconut Mim recipe please, so I have less chance of mucking it up :D

And good to see you post :)

The recipes look amazing! Yes to pics! X

Sweet Chilli Sauce:

IMG_0122.jpg

Sweet Chilli Quarter Pounders:

SweetChilliBeef.jpg

Very rough attempt at sweet chilli beef...I would use the sauce as a dipping sauce next time and make a proper attempt at the beef.

Coconut MiM:

CoconutMim.jpg

Coconut, Pumpkin Seed and Almond Flour MiM with Sweetened Cinnamon Cream Cheese!:

Mim.jpg

Double Chocolate Almond Flour Cookie (er a bit from the left hand side went missing...)

DoubleChocCookie.jpg

As above with a sweet extra thick double cream layer (same with the bite out of this one...)

SweetCreamDoubleChocCookie.jpg

I'll confess i've already eaten half of this ^^

Tonight there shall be pictures of almond flour pancakes with a cinnamon sweet cream filling.

Today i'm going to end on about 2000 calories and 35-40g carbs! Oh well, one off!

Last edited:
Loks amazing James - making me hungry even when i've just had dinner:D

I noticed tesco sells xanthen gum when I last went shopping but I was too scared to buy it. After looking at the sweet chilli sauce I think I will have to give it a go though :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Mmmmmm James, looks delicious mate

OMG I just had the nicest dinner. I did think of taking a photo but just stuffed my face instead. It was salmon, baked in foil, and then I just put butter, garlic, cream, a sprig of rosemary and salt and pepper in a saucepan, crossed my fingers and gently heated it for 10 mins. Poured it over the salmon and served with green beans and salad leaves. Nom nom nom. Nom nom NOM nom nom. Since I didn't measure anything I will never be able to replicate that again. Idiot.

Back