What are you doing for Valentine's?

flashharry

Silver Member
It's a night where I'm sure a lot of us will be planning an 'night off', so I thought it might be helpful to share our SW friendly coping strategies!

For me I'm planning on cooking for my OH, so I can make the meal SW friendly, and I'll be using my syns on some red wine. I'll probably go over on syns, but will compensate during the rest of the week. I'm busy scouring the SW recipes for yummy things! There's a cheesecake recipe that looks lush :)

Babysitting. As Valentine's Day is our daughters birthday, so she goes out and we babysit x

We bought some nice ribeye steak at the weekend so we'll probably stay in and have it with a couple of glasses of wine

I think it will be a nice steak with SW chips. might use syns for a homemade Eton mess. Am going to avoid going out as I know I won't have the willpower to resist naughty things that'll blow my hard work.

sounds like staying in is the new going out :)

which means we not only have a better chance of staying on track, but save money as well lol, I've never been a fan of the valentine's day commercial marketing machine anyway :)

Steak...mmm...think I might make that too....

crying into a tub of ben and jerrys....

just me then? ;) haha x

Nah, I'm single too but I won the Valentine's themed raffle at SW.

Won some Silicone heart-shaped interlocking cookie moulds, a tube of romantic glitter/sprinkles and a pair of plastic heart-shaped champagne flutes.
One of the guys in the group is going out to a works outing on Valentine's day and he didn't invite his wife (although he invited her to give him a lift there and back!)
Everyone was fuming and wishing that he wasn't going to win the raffle as that would have made things 50 times worse for her :(

Anyway, sod going out, the cheesy presents and the food. Everything has a 500% margin on it around about this time of year anyway so going out tends to stamp you with the term "sucker" anyway. Some of the most embarrassing meals out I have had have been on valentines day. Restaurants cram you in like a prison visiting room and anything you say is very audible. Have overheard far too many domestics so the whole thing makes me cringe nowadays.

I write racy poems and just cook these days (don' have to this year though) haha!

Bring on March the 14th, it's way better. If you don't know what I am on about, google it, should be the top result! :D

I'm a newbie here, hi! Currently off work unwell but thinking about being well again and what I'll eat on Saturday. OH is working all day so I think I'll spend the day preparing some SW-friendly food, am liking the sound of the steak and SW chips :) we've agreed not to splash out for Valentine's this year as we're saving for a holiday!

I'll be making our wedding cake- a purple ombre cake. First time practicing. Saving up my syns this week but that probably won't be enough as it will have a lot of calories in it!

Bring on March the 14th, it's way better. If you don't know what I am on about, google it, should be the top result! :D

hahaha is it bad I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about without the google search?!

Luckily we don't celebrate Valentine's, so I'll just be sticking to my normal plan. :D

hahaha I had to google 14 March, love it :D

I'm in a very happy relationship but we've never 'done' valentines day so for valentines day I am going on a date...with my best friend! We're going to see Fifty Shades of Grey and go get Nandos (SW friendly too!)

The next day, however I am going down to Manchester to see my other best friend because it's been to long and will be too long before she can see me again! Planning to go to five guys for a burger and fries! feels so naughty but I am going to enjoy every single bite.

Takeaway for us, not because its valentines but because its my birthday :) my brothers girlfriend is making a birthday cake too so think ill be writing the day off syn wise!

I'm in a very happy relationship but we've never 'done' valentines day so for valentines day I am going on a date...with my best friend! We're going to see Fifty Shades of Grey and go get Nandos (SW friendly too!)

The next day, however I am going down to Manchester to see my other best friend because it's been to long and will be too long before she can see me again! Planning to go to five guys for a burger and fries! feels so naughty but I am going to enjoy every single bite.

Go to Red's True Barbecue in Albert Square instead of Five Guys! Five Guys is SO overpriced and looks like a glorified McDonalds! If you want the best burger you will ever have, go to Red's. It's the best restaurant I've been to in Manchester.

God I'm hungry...

SCP13, takeaway I can cope with but cake is just the work of the diet devil :D, but what's a birthday without cake lol

Tatabubbly chocolate mousse sounds yum, I might have to look into that :)

I've bought the steak, plan to find a nice SW sauce, and serve with SW sweet potato chips and veggies :)

Go to Red's True Barbecue in Albert Square instead of Five Guys! Five Guys is SO overpriced and looks like a glorified McDonalds! If you want the best burger you will ever have, go to Red's. It's the best restaurant I've been to in Manchester.

God I'm hungry...

Ahh, I will pop that one on the list! We LOVE Five Guys though, reminds us of being in Cali over the summer and back in the american burger places we used to frequent in the middle east when we lived there.

Back