What are you doing on New Years Eve ??

fillymum

synful soul
We will be staying home and having a quiet night on our own.

I do not really like New Years Eve. It makes me very sad missing family and friends who are no longer with us.

We are not gloomy and down, we talk about the good times we have had with our lost loved ones. It sort of makes them closer. You know the sort of thing........." do you remember when " and before you know where you are up to you are laughing. The hardest one will be remembering my bro' who died so unexpectedly in June.

Those who know me know that my cup is almost always half full but this is the one exception.

Anyway, enough of me.

Whatever you are doing I hope you all have the very best of nights.

We will stay in, my DS will be in his room watching DVD's so me and OH will watch tv. I might even be in bed before midnight - my life is SO rock'n'roll.........

We are going to friends to play party games and have a buffet, think im going to eat something before i go so i dont go mad with the buffet

My boyfriend and I are staying in with some nibbles and drinks, just the two of us. I'm hoping he will pop the question (ive dropped very subtle hints over the years) but I doubt he will! I can but dream eh! We have never really been fussed about NYE, all over-rated and over-priced IMO! x

We are going to a friend's house who only lives down the road. At least we wont need a taxi home etc or have to stay over too.
We will have abit of a buffet and a few drinks.
I hate going out in town anymore for NYE its always far too busy and takes forever to get served anywhere.
Hope you all have a good un :)
xxx

Me & OH are going to our fave Indian restaurant for a meal. We're going into the pub which is opposite first (not near where we live) & its fantastic, if you can remember years ago when pubs had a real local atmosphere, with playful arguing & banter, well its exactly like that, it's so entertaining, I just love people watching :D

Then we are going to our friends, who live just a few streets away from where we live, for drinks & games:D

I hate going to the pub NYE especially when the clock chimes midnight, all the men come out & think its ok to kiss you & wish you happy new year, when normally they'd not speak to you, :eek:

staying in and having steak and chips mmm, as out on new years day to an engagement party then friends on the sunday

Nothing at all worth watching on television, so an early night with a good book! Then I expect I will be woken up by fireworks at midnight, so I will get up to watch those.

I have never been able to get enthusiastic about New Year - but I hope everyone else has a great time with whatever they are doing.

house party all the way! not going anywhere near the town - tooo busy!

Nothing!

Big fuss over nothing I reckon!

Plus I hate how everything has to revolve around alcohol these days so can't tolerate the kids today! (I'm 24!) Hahahha

We're just staying in as have the 2 wee ones. We don't normally go out NYE usually go out the 29th as it's our anniversary (been together 7 years woo hoo!! nearly split a few times when I was preggers though lol)

This year H was working so never got to go out but hoping in January my friend will have Eryn & my son can go to in laws & we'll have a night out.

Sweet F.A as per usual. I hate NYE, it's such an anti climax-and a total rip off!
I've had such a horrid year that I'm intending on watching a violent slasher film then chucking my ipod on and sleeping the year away!

My boyfriend and I are staying in with some nibbles and drinks, just the two of us. I'm hoping he will pop the question (ive dropped very subtle hints over the years) but I doubt he will! I can but dream eh! We have never really been fussed about NYE, all over-rated and over-priced IMO! x

Why don't you ask him? Nothing wrong with a bit of assertive girl power these days:girlpower:, plus he still has to buy the ring;).

This year we're off to a house party and I'll be driving, which does help with the diet. I'm feeling a bit crappy with cold and wouldn't mind staying in but, we have just taken a delivery of children which will be returned to their parents at the party. So I'll probably be asleep on the sofa by 10 tomorrow evening as I can't sleep properly whilst we have a baby in the house.

Spending the evening at my parents in law, eating "oil balls" a kind of donut with raisins and powder sugar.
oliebollen%5B1%5D.gif

(a traditional food at new years in Holland) playing games with the kids and letting off fireworks at midnight (traditional over here, we don't have a bonfire night). Oh and celebrating my B'day as well.

Back