What are you eating as your main meal?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Lite' started by Scrapmouse, 13 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Scrapmouse

Scrapmouse Full Member

I thought I would start this thread so we can share ideas and learn from one another.

I have been buying the huge reduced Hondurian prawns from Sainsburys and eaten loads this week. I have had them in a salad, in a home-made tomato sauce (made with chopped onion and garlice and a tin of chopped tomatoes - herbs for flavour) and also in stir fry.

What has been your nicest and best meal?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Glypta

Glypta Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(15.23%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    This interests me too...

I've been doing Cambridge SS for the last 1.5 weeks, and am beginning LLL this Thurs (well, the joining session is Thurs, will get my packs, so start Fri). I must say, now that I know I'm going to get a feed, I'm really looking forward to it.

I haven't had the pack yet, but know basically it'll be protein and veg (I really miss fruit, I love it, though possibly not as much as I miss chocolate!), but I'm a terrible cook so it'll need to be something easy.

Any suggestions/tips will be MOST welcome...

4. suze87

suze87 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.57%)
    the book they give u is really usefull for ideas. iv found the chicken stirfry really nice, its not quiet the same as normally having it with noodles, but its still really nice

5. Scrapmouse

Scrapmouse Full Member

I have eaten loads of chicken and prawn salad, chicken stirfry, chicken curry, lentil and veg curry and bolognaise sauce, (pity about no pasta! HA HA!).

I had a lovely mushroom omelette the other day and even made a breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs.

Any other suggestions?

6. Huseyin

Huseyin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    im happy for you guys lol, im only allowed bars as a main meal, not on lite.

7. Scrapmouse

Scrapmouse Full Member

Never mind, it is working for you and you are doing well, so no point in changing things.

I lost 3 lbs this week so I am very pleased.

8. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Sounds like you guys are going strong on LLL, good for you!

9. annaphylactic

annaphylactic Guess who's back...?

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow Scrapmouse - they all sound lovely! :)

Not sure if you've seen my posts, but I am starting LL Lite on Sunday after loads of lapsing on LL traditional... one stone to shift (already done about 5!)... and I'm really excited!

Your meal ideas all sounds great - can't wait to get going. Do we get given a book with recipes in etc? How long are the weekly meetings?? I feel like a newbie again! Haha :D

A xx

10. Scrapmouse

Scrapmouse Full Member

Great news Anna. I hope it works for you and you enjoy it.

Very little is given to you about recipes. They say that as it is so new they will be adding to it as time goes by - I think they could have done more to start with!!!

The meetings are an hour long and go over a lot of the basic stuff that is at the beginning of Foundation but for most of us could probably do with being gone over!!!

I just fiddle around with the food available. There is a lot of protein (especially if you eat chicken or fish) and sometimes for difference, I use half of the protein as chicken and then add lentils for the other half. If you are doing a casserole/stew it thickens things up nicely. Thickening sauces is a problem (No carbs!) but I cook using the slow cooker and using lots of veg. Then I remove some of the veg and liquid, blitz in the whizzer thing and return it to the casserole - hey presto - thickened sauce!!

11. belfastminime

belfastminime Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Lite
    Hi everyone - I've just started LLL today!!!!!!! Had a banana shake this morning, don't think I'll be having another!!! Must exchange for something more palatable for me!!! Anyway, I've made a curry, from the menu in the LL book, smells good, going to have it at lunch. I've 2.5 stone to lose, so I'm hoping it goes well. I'm determined anyway. Think this is a good site to encourage each other and share experiences, it looks like everyone is doing so well!

12. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Good luck on your LLL journey belfastminime!
    and yeah, banana shake.... eurgh! lol

13. Scrapmouse

Scrapmouse Full Member

Good luck belfastminime. I LOVE banana shakes. Have one every morning for breakfast!

14. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Great ides whizzing the veg to make a thicker sauce!! WEll done SM!! Iam going to try that! :)

Sounds like youa re getting on well here, all of you. Well done!!!

XX

15. Emmalj80

Emmalj80 Member

I have a grilled chicken breast, with trimmed fine beans, carrots and mashed swede with a little milk from my allowance and a tsp of butter...... yummy

16. annaphylactic

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mmmmm.... sounds lovely... I am so happy I've started LLL today - of all days, this horrendous cold and snow is really making the idea of a hot meal all the more exciting!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO TESCO LATER AND SHOP - so so so cool! (This is what happens after five months on abstinance!) xx

17. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Good luck on your new start Anna. :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Mini_Me

Mini_Me LighterLife Returner

Start Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi All,

What are the 'rules' for having a main meal? What are you allowed and not allowed, etc

Cheers,

20. annaphylactic

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It varies - there is a list of the meats/proteins you are allowed and the weights of the different ones...

Then you make up the meal with a selection of veggies from a list, add a dairy option and a fats option... again, all listed in the book.

It makes for some fairly varied meals, but not too flexible that it's easy to go too far wrong :)

A x

21. Huseyin

Huseyin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    At the moment I'm having a cranberry and raspberry bar as my main, so delicious, i know you are all beside yourselves ;)

22. hilssinger

hilssinger Member

Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Diet:
    Weight watchers pro points
    HI all. I've done the LL programme a couple of years ago, got a couple of stone to lose now a(doh!) and

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.