What are you eating right now?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I have just discovered the Asda chickpea dahl. It's delicious!! And free on green :)

Happily munching away on a tin for lunch right now, with some krisprolls as a HE-B.

Scrummy!

On green today and have just eaten:

2 slices WM bread - HEXB
mixed salad leaves / red onion / tomato / beetroot - Free
Extra light mayo - 1/2 syn
Branston pickle - 1 syn

It looked like a car crash but tasted so yummy x

Ainsley Harriot couscous and salad. yummy...

I am typing with one handw while the other hold a bowl of low fat super noodles. I also have mini babybel light and Alpen light and a banana!

Home made spaghetti and meatballs with some cheese sprinkled on top.

Sounding marvellous gang...and all perfectly on plan. Winner :)

I have just had SW chips with mushy peas. For some reason I still cannot make decent SW chips but they tasted ok - does anyone else think they just take like jacket spud in smaller pieces ?

I'm having a tea break while decorating so its a cup of tea (milk from HE) and a finger of fudge for me (5 syns), having chicken and pasta for dinner tonight.

Hi

I am eating dark rye rivita with laughing cow extra light triangles spread on - with ham and beetroot.

Then on to some strawberries - yummy!!

K xx

I'm on a red day today. I've planned my whole day as follows:

Breakfast
2egg omlette with mushrooms and bacon served with rocket salad.

Lunch
Chicken salad- Onion, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, peppers
42g Feta cheese- Healthy A

Dinner
Homemade turkey meatballs- with chopped tomato, basil and onion sauce.
Served with wholemeal pasta- Healthy B

The free food is so nice on its own, some days I don't know where to fit in the syns!

I have just had lunch - home made vegetable soup (onions, carrots, courgette and a tin of toms - added herbs cooked until soft and then threw in some cooked w/w pasta and sprinkled with some parmesan).
Delicious................
Irene

I have just had (Indian style) masala scrambled eggs on toast (B)

ie chopped onion, diced tomato, fresh coriander and green chilli with 2 eggs ... lush :D

LOL! Me too

Chickpea dahl over brown rice, with plain ff yoghurt, mint & cucumber over it and salad

Delish

x

LOL! Me too

Chickpea dahl over brown rice, with plain ff yoghurt, mint & cucumber over it and salad

Delish

x

Nice, Steph! I had mine just from the tin - obviously heating it up first and not directly from the tin, although I was so hungry and tempted to!

Definitely something I can dress up with rice and other curry accessories and serve to my meat-loving OH. Would make a really nice side dish to a veg curry/biryani too on curry nights.

I'm on a green day and just had a bowl of pasta with homemade tomato and onion sauce and am now eating a bowl of raspberries with fat free yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. Yum yum.

I have just had SW chips with mushy peas. For some reason I still cannot make decent SW chips but they tasted ok - does anyone else think they just take like jacket spud in smaller pieces ?

Do you make sure that you dry the chips after boiling them? If they're too damp they take forever to crisp up. I spread them out on kitchen paper towel and dabbed them dry with another piece. Then I leave them for about 4/5 mins to dry out before putting them onto a baking tray sprayed with fry light.

But I do think that they take longer to cook than the mags and books say anyway. I cook them in the oven for at least 35 - 45 mins to get them perfect...also a very very hot oven.

Back