What are you eating today?

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
How about we keep a post running with our food diaries... it might get new people interested, and might give all of us ideas.

Anyway, here goes:

Cruise phase - PP

Breakfast - Dukan muffins (galette recipe baked in muffin moulds)

Lunch - 1/2 salmon steak, handful of prawns, chicken leg and thigh
fat free fromage blanc

Snack -
fat free yoghurt
chicken thigh

Dinner -
2 grilled burgers (5% fat) with fried egg on top (non stick pan!)

2L water

Great idea Joanne - really helped on the Atkins forum. Do you never use any mayo or anything for your fish etc?

The only mayonaise allowed, in France at least, is one you make yourself with parafin oil... just the thought! So no, I tend to use a spoonful of the fromage blanc... but I steam my salmon with cumin to add some taste...

I've been dieting soooo many years that I've kind of got into a rut and tend to serve up the same old same old!

Parafin oil???? omg isnt that something you use for lighting lamps !
ill try the fromage blanc too then!

This is going to sound really silly, translated fromage blanc is white cheese. Does this mean cheddar or is it a totally different product. I really cant wait to go to france now. Joanne can you recommend any french products?

Its fromage frais hon. In one the supermarkets they sell dukan products for the galletes i think. :)

ill try and find it for you hon x

Yes please babe. Shopping today. Getting excited but really nervous as i dont have a "meal" plan as yet

Just buy all thats on the list then we can sit and work it out together x

You can always put some of the cod or chicken in egg and coat in the oatmeal too for nice crunchy outside ?

Are we allowed more than 2 tbsp oat bran a day? I'm asking and I'm the one with the book :D

No... beyond that quantity, you could come out of ketosis...

Funnily enough, fromage blanc and fromage frais are two different things over here (the fb is whisked and smoother consistency somehow)... but worry not. So long as you're using one or the other, and it's FAT FREE, you're fine. (Nothing like Cheddar or any other hard cheese I'm afraid, more like soured natural yoghurt!)

So my menu today:
Cruise phase - PV

Breakfast - Dukan muffins (galette recipe baked in muffin moulds)

Lunch - 1/2 small tin of tuna, mixed with some onion and fromage blanc... handful of prawns, chicken leg and some MIXED SALAD! (YES!! I need to crunch after my three PPs!)
fat free fromage blanc

Snack -
fat free yoghurt
chicken thigh

Dinner -
grilled veal escalope with yet more CRUNCHY salad

at least 2L water
5.5km walk - 5 times a week!

Joanne,
do you do 3pp and 3 pv or mainly 1 of each?

Well... in the original book, he gives various alternatives 5/5, 1/1, or even 4/3. The first time I did the diet, I chose 4PP, 3PV (which is practical as it enables you to plan lunches and dinners socially in advance, as you know that, say "Tuesday" is always a PP...).

Then, he "improved" his diet online, saying that he'd noticed very little difference on the weight loss front between the various alternatives, and so thought that the 1/1 was the "best" (after attack) as less monotonous and people would be more likely to stick to it.

Personally, having tried the 1/1 once only, I'd agree that it was fun alternating, and knowing my next crunch (crikey I'm obsessed with crunching!!) was but a day away... but I did find it complicated at weekends... and going out to a restaurant to eat on a PP day isn't easy (as you have to leave half your plate for the most part!)...

So it's not an exact science... (and as an old hand, I've added an extra twist this time, not in the book... on a Friday, I'm always in the car at dinner time so it's easier to eat muffins for dinner than salad... so I'm now therefore doing 2PV (weekend), 3PP (Mon to Wed), 1PV (Thurs), 1PP (Fri).

Confused?!! ;)

Have you started yet?

A little confused but I think what you say is true, especially at weekends - they will probably be my pv too!

Im starting on Monday, I cant wait!. Got a big birthday weekend for my friend on saturday so i thought Monday would be the best day to start!

Thanks you have been so helpful!

Back