What are you looking forward to wearing?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by k-nine, 6 November 2007 Social URL.

1. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    I bought a pair of Per Una jeans yesterday without trying them on. I thought they could hang in my wardrobe as a further incentive to keep going. Anyway, I tried them on when I got home and they pulled up okay and fastened. I know Per Una tend to be on the big side and they are too tight for me to go out in at the moment but....well I was chuffed.

So it got me thinking about what I am most looking forward to wearing when I have lost this two stones or perhaps a bit more.

For me, jeans that actually look okay on me and short(ish) skirts with opaque tights - but what I'm most looking forward to is some nice undies rather than the utilitarian stuff I wear at the moment. You know - bras that don't have wide straps or underwiring etc.

I confess that I have a large bag of really nice sexy undies from my pre-kids days that I couldn't bear to throw away. I mentioned to my husband that I would wear stockings again if I lost the weight and he almost dribbled! ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

K9
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I have gone out and brought a skirt ok it is more like a belt ie can't bend walk or breath without showing something in a size 12, that is my ultimate goal skirt. Apart from that looking forward to wearing dresses and skinny jeans with a basque style top and killer heels

4. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Nothing :eek:!! Without feeling the need to have the light off so BF can see my squidgy bits :D

5. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    LOL!!!

I really want some knee high boots that I can a) fasten and b) look good in!

That and generally being able to buy clothes because I like them, not just because they fit

6. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    this might be a strange one, but I'd really like a nice winter coat!

because I'm only 5'2" and look like a barrel coats look ridiculous so I wear casual jackets, I'd love one that's nice and smart and shows I have a shapely figure underneath.

oh yes and to wear nice underwear

7. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey Dawnyblue - I'm your height and the only sort of coat I can wear is 3/4 length (just above my knee) and a-line! A la Trinny & Susannah! Fits to waist then flares ..... hides a multitude of sins and makes me look long and leggy!! Give that a go .... and when you are short never wear a coat/jacket that finishes at your hips .... ;)

8. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol, Dobbie you are funny!!!

I would like to be able to wear tailored trousers with a blouse that doesn't come to my knees for work and also a skirt that doesn't touch my ankles...oh and jeans with a belt!!!

At the moment I can't find a belt that will sit comfortably on my waist that doesn't twist when I bend over or sit down!

9. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    unfortunately I have humongous (is that a word?) boobs and any coat look is not good. the jackets aren't great either I know but they aren't expensive and smart. by Christmas I will be buying that 3/4 length A-line coat! :D

10. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The dress Mum bought for me to wear to to my office Xmas do. It's jade green silk and really pretty - just need to slim down to a 12 to fit in it! I tried it on in a 14 and everyone said it looked good so I am really looking forward to dressing up all pretty, wearing lots of sparkly jewellery and having a great time. That's the plan anyway!

Know how you feel about coats dawnyblue - my boobs are really big too and if you buy a size that fits everywhere else it gapes across the bust or you buy a size to cover your boobs which drowns the rest of you. If its any consolation since starting I have come down from a 42J to a 34G - still curvy but fitting into regular styles and cuts more!

11. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge

Oh Dobbie, that made me smile. But I know what you mean :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.