What are you planning to do at 12 weeks?

zeke

Gold Member
I am only at the end of week 6 but already feel so torn about what to do after 12 weeks!

I should be around BMI 26 by then (and would like to get to 22).

So the choice is one week food break and then back on with it or refeed immediately followed by a LCD of some sort whilst increasing the exercise.

What did you do/what are you planning to do at 12 weeks if you still had/have more to lose?

I had a holiday around the 12 week mark. I added protein and stayed on plan

Towards the five month mark I increased cals via protein.

I didn't have a full on week off. The decision is yours. I know cd has a milk week option - adding milk to increase cals and carbs. Alternatively you can just have a break. Whatever is best for you :)

Xxx

Funnily enough I was thinking about this earlier too! was toying between a refeed week & a JUDDD week, see when I get there I think

I had a holiday around the 12 week mark. I added protein and stayed on plan
Towards the five month mark I increased cals via protein.
I didn't have a full on week off. The decision is yours. I know cd has a milk week option - adding milk to increase cals and carbs. Alternatively you can just have a break. Whatever is best for you :)
Xxx

Thanks Rebekah. Definitely not planning a full week off - just the standard SnS food break (I do 4 packs/day so replace on with a healthy meal and add in two portions of fruit). I like the idea of then doing SnS for another 5 weeks until xmas (where I plan to be on plan (whatever plan that is!) as much as I possibly can - no booze/chocolate nibbles, just xmas dinner no pud and mainly meat and veg) and really getting much closer to goal before swapping over. I keep worrying about being on it too long though and the possible teeth/skin issues!

Funnily enough I was thinking about this earlier too! was toying between a refeed week & a JUDDD week, see when I get there I think

I think we are about the same stage with you being a few days ahead? My week 7 starts on Saturday. I'll have to look up what a JUDDD week it! Yes, I guess see when you get there is the best plan of all! I am absolutely determined to stay with SnS until the 12 weeks though - it is a kind of personal mission now. I guess if we are still losing well and feel good then why not continue?!

I'm doing my break week this week (Week 11) - it worked better for me timing wise than week 12, as I have been away at a hotel for the day.

I'm having 3 packs a day plus one normal meal - I'm expecting to put on weight this week, but will get right back on plan next week and get it off again. I'm not worrying too much about what I eat at my one meal - I know it's important for my body to have a little break, so I'm pretty chilled about it actually.

The official SNS guidance is to have 3 x packs per day + 2 pieces of fruit + 1 "normal" meal of 400 - 450 cals (although to be honest that sounds like a diet meal to me!)

Think I will follow the plan that S&S have, and enjoy the fruit :)

I'm doing my break week this week (Week 11) - it worked better for me timing wise than week 12, as I have been away at a hotel for the day.

I'm having 3 packs a day plus one normal meal - I'm expecting to put on weight this week, but will get right back on plan next week and get it off again. I'm not worrying too much about what I eat at my one meal - I know it's important for my body to have a little break, so I'm pretty chilled about it actually.

The official SNS guidance is to have 3 x packs per day + 2 pieces of fruit + 1 "normal" meal of 400 - 450 cals (although to be honest that sounds like a diet meal to me!)

Think I will follow the plan that S&S have, and enjoy the fruit :)

Hope this week goes well for you pinksparklybirdy! Yes, if I do decided to continue and therefore do the food break week I plan on following the SnS plan.

I am feeling more positive about taking a break and getting straight back on it now - thanks!

I'm happy to report my teeth and skin are fine after nearly six months :) x

what is going to happen to my teeth?

Nothing, I hope!

A colleague mentioned yesterday that her daughter did lighter life a while back (all was good) but when she came off the diet she needed a lot of dental work done (not even a filing before that). So, naturally, I googled VLCD and teeth when I got home...My teeth are bad enough already!

Honestly, I should stop doing stuff like that. I think that is why I was having a new wobble about staying on it longer than 12 weeks. A few weeks ago it was gallstones that freaked me out.

never self diagnose with google lol by the time your done a simple headache becomes a tumour with seconds to live!! :cool:

Only thing to happen with my teeth is i'll probably brush them away, I am brushing up to 6 times a day on S&S coz after an hour they feel like they havent seen a brush in days

I waited 5 months till I had my week off well 9 days off and I planned it to be a complete break from S&S and it was. I went straight back on plan ofc. It was nice while it lasted but now its time for the final push!

I hope that you enjoy your break :)

20 weeks - wow! You must be so proud (I would be!) Very glad to hear that you managed to get straight back on it!

The other thing I am considering is going to 16 weeks, then doing a re-feed before xmas (but still being as on reduced calories over xmas and not using it as an excuse to binge) and then being back on plan (SnS or other) by the new year (should be very close to goal weight-wise by then but definitely not fitness and muscle tone wise!).

I'll have to wait and see what feels right at 12 weeks I guess!

I will have done 12 weeks on Wednesday... Because I've had a couple of weeks where I've not been 100% I'm just going to carry on until christmas :) hoping to lose another 3 stone by then :)

My 12 weeks is just before Xmas, I'm not having a full week off though what I'm doing over the next 6 months is having the last weekend of every month off and special occasions (where I will still eat and drink sensibly as don't want to wreck my work) and hopefully that will keep my motivation up x works out to 11 - 14 days off in total so I don't think that's too bad x

I will have done 12 weeks on Wednesday... Because I've had a couple of weeks where I've not been 100% I'm just going to carry on until christmas :) hoping to lose another 3 stone by then :)

My 12 weeks is just before Xmas, I'm not having a full week off though what I'm doing over the next 6 months is having the last weekend of every month off and special occasions (where I will still eat and drink sensibly as don't want to wreck my work) and hopefully that will keep my motivation up x works out to 11 - 14 days off in total so I don't think that's too bad x

Sounds like you both have a plan sorted then!

It will definitely be a happy day when I get to 12 weeks and make a decision! It is amazing to think that by Christmas I will be a healthy weight - I don't think I could give myself a more wonderful pressie! It has definitely been too long since I have been in that happy place!

20 weeks - wow! You must be so proud (I would be!) Very glad to hear that you managed to get straight back on it!

The other thing I am considering is going to 16 weeks, then doing a re-feed before xmas (but still being as on reduced calories over xmas and not using it as an excuse to binge) and then being back on plan (SnS or other) by the new year (should be very close to goal weight-wise by then but definitely not fitness and muscle tone wise!).

I'll have to wait and see what feels right at 12 weeks I guess!

Ty :) I am really pleased that I was able to do it. I needed to get it out of my system after so long on S&S even though I couldnt fit in half of what I wanted as our stomachs shrink loads on this. Must admit I was a little worried beforehand due to the stories I have read on here of people who go on a break then never get back on track. Found out today that I lost 11Ibs so I am lighter than I was before I took a break which was unexpected.

Your right about waiting to see how you feel nearer the time, guessing you'll probably change your mind loads beforehand, but if you do choose the 16 week idea I will admire your dedication by planning to stay controlled over christmas! hope you manage to find what works for you :)

I had 5 days off after 6 weeks or so (holiday). I ate sensibly, had a few treats and put on 5lb. The next week I'd lost 8 and 6 the week after that!
I personally think it did me and my body good, shocked it into losing weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

11 lbs! WOW! Fantastic!

This is all very encouraging :) I suspect you are very right about it doing the body good Kellmo. I need to stop looking at this break as a potential threat and embrace it as an essential part of the plan.

My #1 plan now is simply to do the SnS food break when I hit 12 weeks (in 4 weeks time), then get straight back on it largely ignoring xmas (apart from xmas dinner and not going mad as I don't think the consequences will be worth it!). As you said, Pen, I will probably change my mind a few times!

Back