what are you proud of?

loolahoop

Silver Member
just to lighten the mood a little :)

we've all been or are overweight, which is y we r here, most of us probably find it quite easy to criticise ourselves and put ourselves down, i know i do!!
all to easy to be down about a small gain, or eating "something naughty" so i have decided to have a positive post!

since starting SW what are you proud of? what have you achieved that you would like to share and smile about? it doesn't have to be how much weight u've lost...although thats something to be proud of to, bt it could be dropping a dress size, longest run of 100% days, anything...

i know we have the NSV thread, but this is a little different, something that YOU are proud of about YOU!

ill start:
i am proud that since i started SW, although my losses are slow, i have yet to have a gain :) and that after 6 years on anti depressants i am off of them completely and it was all my doing! :)

Well done loolahoop on coming off all anti-depressants, do you feel like you again? if that makes sense?

I am proud that 1) I have Finally realised that i DO need to lose alot of weight and not just a little, think i was a bit in denial and blamed being pregnant, my twins are 6 months now so its no excuse.

2) I am pround of losing a 14lbs in TWO weeks. and ive already Felt a difference. :)

Great idea for a thread!

1. I'm proud of the fact this is the longest time I have ever stuck to any kind of diet (18weeks now)
2. I'm proud that even though I've had a few slips that resulted in a couple of 1lb gains I haven't let them turn into week long binges, I've been back on plan either later in that day or the day after.
3. Cheeky third one I'm proud I won our groups woman of the year

Well done everyone ;)

I am proud that even though I have multiple sclerosis and limited mobility that I have still managed to lose 15lb in just 4 weeks. I tried to kid myself that with all the medication I am on and the lack of mobility that there would be no point me trying to lose weight but I have done it.

Still a long way to go but as long as I don't have an MS relapse (as will be put on my 4 course of steroids since xmas) I know I will be able to do it :D

Keep it up everyone :p

awww these are brilliant! you all have every right to be bloody proud!

Well done loolahoop on coming off all anti-depressants, do you feel like you again? if that makes sense?
makes perfect sense! and yeh definitely feeling different lol i think im only actually starting to discover who "me" is...but im loving it! :)

Brilliant thread and so many things to be proud of for everyone x

I'm proud that I gave up nicorette (which I had been hooked on for years, I was really bad and carried on having the odd fag as well whilst saying I'd given up!) and still managed to stick to SW. It's been tough work but I'm 2st 8lbs down, haven't touched a single fag in six months and haven't had a nicorette in two months.

I can relate to the antidepressants thing too - I came off sertraline in November last year and the only way I can describe it was that it was like a fog lifting, does that make sense? Like I can see clearer now and the shadow that was always there in the corner of my eye has gone. They are amazing things that do so much good for so many people but after four years on them I'm glad I was able to come off the drugs. :)

I'm proud of myself because I stopped smoking at the end of january and here I am, in august, more than 3 stone lighter. Started my healthy eating plan lost half a stone then joined slimming world. I got my 3 stone award lastnight :)

Also because I've managed to stick to plan 90% or something of the time, (odd mad moment here and there!!) So the reward for that is that only had 1 maintain and no gains as of yet x

Great thread!

I am proud of myself for just sticking with it and not giving up. In other attempts at losing weight, I would always get to about 1st, give up, and pile it all (plus more!) back on. This time around I have lost over 2st and don't plan on quitting anytime soon!

It certainly hasn't been easy for me. I've had a lot of gains along the way (quite recently 4lb in a week!), but I haven't let it stop me. I go, and stay, to group no matter what kind of week I've had, which is a big thing for me. In the past, if I knew I'd had a bad week I would get weighed and go, or worse still not go to group at all.

The route to slimville hasn't been a straight one. There have been bumps along the road, and there is still a long way to go yet, BUT I haven't - and will not - give up! :)

One of my proudest moments was a couple of weeks ago when I realised that 'it's in my genes' or that 'I'm big boned' is a crap excuse and that if I eat healthy etc I can be a skinny minny! Another one, recently a few bad things have happened and I could easily have had a bad month as opposed to a bad few days or just fell off the wagon completely. But instead I just got back up, dusted off my knees and carried on! I will be skinny!

Back