What are your weight loss food heroes???

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Food Diaries' started by ellenwillbeskinny, 25 June 2011 Social URL.

1. ellenwillbeskinny

ellenwillbeskinny I need chocolate now!!!

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    I was on WW PPs but have now switched to calorie counting.
    I was just wondering what everyone's favourite foods were since they started their weight loss plan? Which foods are essential to your new diet?
    My nominations goes first to EGGS - they are the original fast food! Only 2 propoints for a medium egg and it is packed full of protein, iron and other nutrients. A soft boiled egg only takes three minutes to boil and I find protein foods keep me full for much longer than carbs alone. My fav is a quick 3 egg omelette for dinner - onion, tomato, mushroom and garlic fried in 1 tsp of olive oil and then add your seasoned eggs and you have a filling dinner for only 7 pro points!
    For a sweet treat my vote goes to WW Caramel Mallows - they really satisfy that sweet craving for only 1 pp each!

What are your food heroes and why?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ellenwillbeskinny

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    Oh I forgot to mention Pepsi Max! I know it isn't exactly healthy but I have a glass with my dinner and it makes me feel like I am having something 'nice' rather than just another glass of water.

4. Kimbo1101

Kimbo1101 Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discovery
    Great thread idea Ellen! mine is deffo peppermint tea, i hate drinking water but when I'm home I literally sip it all day long and it really keeps hunger at bay. I think it's supposed to help with digestion too:)

5. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    Eggs are at the top of my list too. Boiled, poached or in an omelette with loads of peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms & tomatoes.
    Quick easy & very filling. :D.

My other treat is pepsi max too as i drink loads of water 3 - 4 litres per day but no tea or coffee. :) xx

6. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Mine has to be eggs as well ... so versatile can do loads with them....also I think for me it has to be salad cream ......couldn't eat all those salads without it lol x

7. ellenwillbeskinny

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    Thanks for the posts peeps! Eggs seem to rule and rightly so. Tuna is also very good, those little John West tins are so handy and only 2pps. Great to add bulk and protein to a plain pasta sauce and great in a pitta bread with some extra light mayo and onion.
    Hope more people post about their fav foods!

8. ellenwillbeskinny

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    I must try the Peppermint tea too Kim, anything that keeps hunger at bay has to be good! I have made up my mind that I won't like it even before I try it as I don't generally like herbal teas but I will give the peppermint a try, thanks.

9. Mifford

Mifford Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(10.49%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Sainsbury's do a low fat brussels pate that is really low points for a reasonable sized portion which I have with crispbreads - the flavour on it is so strong it doesn't need a lot and it feels like I'm being very indulgent and not as if I'm eating low fat

10. Kimbo1101

Kimbo1101 Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discovery
    Ellen, i hated it first few times drinking it but once I got used to it I absolutely live it:) must buy those wee tins of tuna Hun, love tuna! Just haven't had any in past few weeks:) hope you had a lovely weekend, I was actually overheating in the house today, thunk I'm the only person who can't stand the heat!hehe

11. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    mmmm nust try the pate x

12. ellenwillbeskinny

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    You are not the only one who can't handle the heat Kim! Ladies may glow but I sweat profusely. How glamorous lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.