What can I bake today ?

gobolino

Gold Member
Does anyone have any lovely home baked recipes that they'd like to share with me ? Perhaps a non-SW recipe that you've made SW-compliant ?

I love baking and really fancy doing a loaf cake or some muffins today :)

Thanks in advance ;)

How about this one, I cant remember where I found it, maybe on here?

Cheesecake

287g fat free natural cottage cheese
113g fat free natural fromage frais
1 sachet cadburys highlights hot chocolate drink
artificial sweetener, to taste (i used 2 tbsp)
1 egg

Method

preheat oven to 180c/gas 4. Place cottage cheese, fromage frais and highlights drink in a blender or a food processor. Add sweetner to taste and blend until smooth.

Beat the egg and fold into mixture. pour into an ovenproof dish and bake for 20 mins until set. Allow to cool the chill for 2 hours before serving

EASY PEASY!:D

Thanks cupofteapet :)

I ended up making a no-cook cheesecake instead. Put quark and hot choc powder in a bowl and whisk, add a drop of vanilla extract and a bit of sweetner, put this into moulds. Hifi bar whizzed up in a blender goes on the top and gets pressed down. Pop in the freezer for 15mins to set in its shape, then turn out :)

Did you make one large cake or small individual ones? How many sins do you think this is? I think im going to go and make it as it sounds lovely!

I made individual ones, so the syns would be 2syns for the hot chocolate powder (I used a sachet of the aldi orange hot chocolate) and healthy extra B choice for the HiFi bar (I used a ruby one, which is a bit like a flapjack..... but really for this the choc orange one would have been better). In terms of quark I used 1/2 a tub and about 1 heaped tablespoon of vlf fromage frais.

So 2 syns and 1 healthy B choice in total (or 8 syns in total if not using the HiFi as a healthy B choice).

If you go on Facebook and search "slimming world cake lady" there's someone there who has adapted loads of recipes, complete with photos and stuff so you can see what things ended up like. Plus she's worked out the syns for everything - most of then don't even taste diet!

Im going to try baking SW Brownie cake tonight, this is the recipe :

Brownie Cake
‎1 and half tblsp vegtable oil
4 eggs
few drops vanilla essence
7 tblsp sweetner
56g SR flour
56g cocoa powder

METHOD:
Pre heat oven to 180c
spray a cake tin with frylight
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, it will form a thick like sludge
spoon into your greased baking tin, level out
bake in oven for 20 minutes
cut into 12
each slice is 2.5 syns each

Thanks heyxtara and Stephi - more ideas for me :)

I've just made the low syn chocolate cake from the SW website, but I made it in a muffin tin..... 11.5syns for the whole thing or 6 @ 2syns each if made in a muffin tin. (my hubby has just eaten 3 of these!!!)
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 5 minutes for the muffins (the website says 7mins for a whole cake).

Back