What cough medicine can i take?

goose

Gold Member
Feeling so rough. Think im coming down with something. Have a VERY sore throat, cant even swallow, it hurts. Losing my voice too. No cough. What cold medicine can i take that still keeps me in ketosis?

Feeling so rough. Think im coming down with something. Have a VERY sore throat, cant even swallow, it hurts. Losing my voice too. No cough. What cold medicine can i take that still keeps me in ketosis?

Night nurse/day nurse I think! Until u find out for sure get some paracetamol down u. Get well soon! X

Oh no Goose, hope you feel better soon x x x

Hugs Goose. My children have been poorly with a bug all week. Don't feel great myself today either. Its a miserable diet when you feel ill. I think Yeye is right with what she says. Take care xx

Get well soon goose :)

Just a quick note because i was in this position a couple of weeks back, coughing myself to sleep, was told by the pharmacist and i quote "you're stuffed", i would suggest using eucalyptus extract mixed with boiling water in a bowl, and drape a towel over your head while breathing in the steam, also try wearing a scarf. Those two things fixed me up in a jiffy, and the best part is your not ingesting anything so doesn't effect the diet in the slightest.

hello all, just a quick update, yes Ahti you're right!! pretty much I#m stuffed! I wasn't convinved wjen I went to the pharmacy about the sugar free syrups he recommended, so I told him! and he goes that's fine just drink plenty of fluids and i think he said gargle with salt water. Anyway to be on the safe side I rang lipotrim and they said NOTHING!!! you cant take ANY of the syrups/pastilles/ lemsip type stuff, even sugar free stuff as it will know you straight outof ketosis. only thing you can take is paracetomal, they told me have LOTS of water, keep gargling with hot salty water (dont ingest as tastes yucky), the water should be as hot as you can tolerate.

I have bought a wooly scarf thing from new look, the one you put on your head like a hat and it has the long scarf things hanging on the side so u can drape round your neck if that makes sense? but keeps you super warm. and wore loads of layers today. Had a really rough weekend and not slept well. had to come to work today as just too mcuh too do and it'll all end up piling up. Sorry not really posted much, just too rough. Will try the eucalyptus, or maybe olbas as i know thats widely avaibale and have used it before.

hope i get better soon. feel awful :( cant wait to go home. On a + point dont even feel like eating!! haha! being on the shakes is probs good as its the only thing id probably be able to get down me. Ive been having them hot and its been actaully quite soothing and comforting.

official weigh in tomorrow and I have good news!! so look out for my post in tuesday weigh in and christams challenge thread!!

Can't you get a spray that numbs the back of the throat? Stepsil made one but sure pharmacy have there own brand cheaper. Sure all it has in it is local anaesthetic and this would be ok? Xxx

Back