What couldnt you live without

Supermaiden

Im looking to add to my kitchen appliances in order to make it easier for me when making meals on Slimming World. Right now I dont really have a lot. I have a smoothie maker which is not very good so I need to replace this (I tend to use it to mush things up - doesnt work well for scanbran!). I have an old egg poacher pan from my parents which is a bit battered but does the job. I am currently writing a list for myself so when I have the money I can get new things, so I am wondering what one thing couldnt you live without? Or what one thing makes your life easier when in the kitchen? Im a terrible cook so need all the help I can get!

A very good set of knives and a steel
A super mini chopper from Costco that chops and grinds everything
steamer

I don't have many things myself, but these are the things that I use all the time

Hand blender, and pestle and mortar (not an appliance but I use it almost daily)

A basic blender is good for when making your own soups. Also we have a tefal frying pan and its brill cos sometimes you don't even need frylight. I couldn't live without my measuring jug for measuring milks out and my little digital display scales for weighing cheese! Find them much more accurate than normal scales and they were only £5 or something off eBay.

ooh and some measuring spoons which can buy from b&m, asda, Boyes, anywhere! For measuring out tablespoons, teaspoons etc.

My blender is good for making soups. Love my slow cooker too - so easy to cook SW friendly meals! I also use my electronic scales daily.

My slow cooker!! Love coming home and having a welcoming smell fill the house!!
Hand blender & pestle and mortar get used a lot too :)

Ice Cream maker to make yummy free frozen yogurt, or low syn if not free anyway :p

Ice Cream maker to make yummy free frozen yogurt, or low syn if not free anyway :p

Ooh I need me one of these!! At the moment I either mix frozen berries with muller or just pop a muller in the freezer :)

Ooh I need me one of these!! At the moment I either mix frozen berries with muller or just pop a muller in the freezer :)

I seem to get too many ice crystals doing that, get lovely smooth mr whippy style frozen yogurt with an ice cream maker...and can make wonderful sorbet like i did last night

hand blender/kitchen scales/electronic timer and my steamer

Back