What do I do now?

wannabslim

Gold Member
Morning everyone.

I had a faint BFP yesterday morning, so retested this morning using a digital and it's most definitely BFP!!! :D

This is my first ever pregnancy and I know it's early days, but am now thinking "what do I do" re: dieting? I had been doing Dukan but then just "felt" I needed to be eating carbs (even though I didn't crave them) but I still want to be losing weight, without harming the baby, as I am heavier than I want to be and I know that's not a good thing during pregnancy.

What diet plans is it safe to follow in pregnancy? Your advice would be greatly appreciated! Of course I will speak to my GP early next week but in the meantime it would be good to know.

Thanks
Nikki

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I think slimming world is the only "diet" that is recgonised by the royal college of midwives but I think you may have to have permission from your dr, midwife and sw to attend the sessions...
Personally I have been doing slimming world myself at home but may now change to calorie counting x

My midwife was happy with me sticking with rosemary conley. However a lady at works midwife banned her attending any!!!

You will need to check and see what they say. Also the slimming consultant if you have one, will tell you in if they allow pregnant dieters.

Good Luck.

Yeah my midwife and doctor refused to sign my form for sw. So I was doing it at home, although it is recognised by royal college of midwives to be a healthy plan to follow. I really don't understand why I was refused. Good luck with your journey and congratulations hun xx

Seriously girls don't worry bout ur weight and diets calorie count is good I been having 1700-2000 a day enjoy being pregnant I was so worried bout my weight in the beginning and I have gained 3 stone so now it's happened nothing I can do untill she's born because when she's here I'm going to diet diet diet x

I'm sticking with slimming world because I don't think it's a diet it's just healthy eating! And that's what your supposed to do when your pregnant :D lol

X x x

I'm sticking to ww for the same reason... I'm a gold member so I'm in maintenance, I have just upped my points to the max I can and just eat trying to stay within 32 and 38 per day plus weeklies. It's an enormity so I'm not too worried...

I'm also part of a website called Pregnancy Nutrition & Pregnancy Exercises at BabyFit.com it's for women who want to conceive or who are pregnant and it allows you to track your food and gives you targets that are specific for your week of pregnancy. Have a look at it...

Seriously girls don't worry bout ur weight and diets calorie count is good I been having 1700-2000 a day enjoy being pregnant I was so worried bout my weight in the beginning and I have gained 3 stone so now it's happened nothing I can do untill she's born because when she's here I'm going to diet diet diet x

Thing is though Jessie, if I put on 3 stone I would be 17.5st, and that is just NOT going to happen! I plan to maintain my weight except the baby weight and maybe a few lbs extra, as the UK health guidelines suggest is safe and healthy for a person of my current BMI. Appreciate your input but I don't want to be on a constant diet as a new mum! Not fun!

xxx

I'm sticking to ww for the same reason... I'm a gold member so I'm in maintenance, I have just upped my points to the max I can and just eat trying to stay within 32 and 38 per day plus weeklies. It's an enormity so I'm not too worried...

I'm also part of a website called Pregnancy Nutrition & Pregnancy Exercises at BabyFit.com it's for women who want to conceive or who are pregnant and it allows you to track your food and gives you targets that are specific for your week of pregnancy. Have a look at it...

Thanks hun, this may come in useful when I'm a bit clearer of how far gone I am :) xx

wannabslim said:
Thing is though Jessie, if I put on 3 stone I would be 17.5st, and that is just NOT going to happen! I plan to maintain my weight except the baby weight and maybe a few lbs extra, as the UK health guidelines suggest is safe and healthy for a person of my current BMI. Appreciate your input but I don't want to be on a constant diet as a new mum! Not fun!

xxx

The average gain is 28 to 34lbs so for me as someone who is overweight I set my weight gain target as 20lbs tops because you should lose that and more through labour with the weight of baby, placenta, amniotic fluid, blood, water etc. I've gained 12lbs so far and I'm 25 weeks on Monday so if I gained half a pound every week between now and my due date I'm still on target.

I think it's worth accepting that you will gain weight after all your having a baby! So by setting a top target of what your maximum gain would be your still in control of what your doing! And if I gain less than 20lbs throughout my pregnant well pat on the back to me haha

I was 5 stone away from my target weight when I got pregnant, id already lost 4 stone easily on sw so I know I can drop back into losing 3 to 5 lbs a week after baby has arrived no problem. My aim is to either weigh the same or less after the birth of my baby so it's like I'm just picking up from where I've left off and hit the ground running lol

X x x

Back