What do the meal packs taste like?

Hiya. if you go up the forum a bit there is a sticky thread called Product review thread and there are loads of opinions on there. To be honest, with the meals i haven't had a bad one. Not tried the soups apart from the veg one which was just like a golden veg cuppa soup :)

hiya just thought id give my bit of input so i have a meal and a soup a day also a bar and a shake and i like all the meals i have tasted so far my fav being the spicy spagetti i have it with either a bit of brocoli or a couple sticks of cellery very nice, with the veg soup i didnt like it at first but then realised i wasnt mixing enough water lol (having a blonde moment) i havnt tasted the porridge yet thou
hope this helps xx

Day one, woo hoo! loving the shakes as very creamy mmmm, not sweet like some friends shakes from the chemist - which i prefer. The choc orange bar i really enjoyed, again not too sweet and whilst not overly lovely, it did the trick. I got a bumper pack but no soups, can i ask what they are like if any one would mind letting me know?

sugarplumfairycake said:
Day one, woo hoo! loving the shakes as very creamy mmmm, not sweet like some friends shakes from the chemist - which i prefer. The choc orange bar i really enjoyed, again not too sweet and whilst not overly lovely, it did the trick. I got a bumper pack but no soups, can i ask what they are like if any one would mind letting me know?

Choc orange bar???

fizzyfluff said:
Choc orange bar is from exante, think she's made just posted in wrong bit c

12 lost : 55 to goal

Ah right! Thought id missed another new s&s bar!

my apologies ladies! new here and having a Doh... Moment! :)

My hubbie and I have been on the diet now for 9 days and so far we have like everything with the exception of the oatmeal.

I have porridge every morning with some wheat bran - I love it. My hubbie has a shake, he says bananna, caramel and vanilla caramel are best. I had a chocolate one hot and it was fab.
At lunch I have a soup - chicken is my favourite. Mushroom ok but will not order next month
Dinner - I have protein meal and veg but have tried spagetti, cottage pie, mushroom pasta and chilli. They were all surprisingly nice. I just prefer having a "real" meal of fish or chicken with some approved salad or veg.
Snack - I have a bar, I love the milk truffa and praline. My hubbie loves musli as its white choc.

Hope this helps :)

Day 4 for me. So far I've had:

Shakes:
Crispy Choc - my favourite. I have it with 100ml skimmed milk and 100ml water. 10/10
Crispy Vanilla- this is great to. Really filling with added nuts and cereal bits. 10/10
Banana - a bit thick and very artificial tasting but I'm going to try it in a mousse next. Tastes like angels delight banana pud. 8/10
Strawberry- a nice fruity fresh shake. Also like banana very thick and angel delighty 8/10
Caramel- Yummy!! Like evap milk or diluted condensed milk. Love it. Only had it cold but trying it hot tomorrow. 10/10
Latte - my least fav so far. Had it cold. Won't be doing that again. Think it would be better hot with extra coffee. 6/10

Bars:
Choc Truffa - this is ok. It takes me a few fingers to get into it. Not a massive chocolate fan anyway. 8/10
Choc Praline - I like this. It's a but nougaty and a bit like a milky way. Chewy and sweet. 10/10
Choc Vanilla and Almond - my fav bar. It's like a milky way which I love but has a sweet almondy taste. Great with black coffee. 10/10

Meals:
Cottage pie - which I loved. Yum!! I had it with a handful of steamed peas. Added lea and perrins to beef it up. 10/10
Mac and Cheese. Messed it up by adding too much water. Will have to try again to be certain.

Easiest diet I've ever been on. Looking forward to trying out the other shakes when my next order arrives.

TIGGERTOES said:
Day 4 for me. So far I've had:

Shakes:
Crispy Choc - my favourite. I have it with 100ml skimmed milk and 100ml water. 10/10
Crispy Vanilla- this is great to. Really filling with added nuts and cereal bits. 10/10
Banana - a bit thick and very artificial tasting but I'm going to try it in a mousse next. Tastes like angels delight banana pud. 8/10
Strawberry- a nice fruity fresh shake. Also like banana very thick and angel delighty 8/10
Caramel- Yummy!! Like evap milk or diluted condensed milk. Love it. Only had it cold but trying it hot tomorrow. 10/10
Latte - my least fav so far. Had it cold. Won't be doing that again. Think it would be better hot with extra coffee. 6/10

Bars:
Choc Truffa - this is ok. It takes me a few fingers to get into it. Not a massive chocolate fan anyway. 8/10
Choc Praline - I like this. It's a but nougaty and a bit like a milky way. Chewy and sweet. 10/10
Choc Vanilla and Almond - my fav bar. It's like a milky way which I love but has a sweet almondy taste. Great with black coffee. 10/10

Meals:
Cottage pie - which I loved. Yum!! I had it with a handful of steamed peas. Added lea and perrins to beef it up. 10/10
Mac and Cheese. Messed it up by adding too much water. Will have to try again to be certain.

Easiest diet I've ever been on. Looking forward to trying out the other shakes when my next order arrives.

Just to let you know that peas aren't on the allowed list, as they are very high in carbs(altho feel free to correct me if they've updated it-I've had my list for nearly a month)

Welshtigger said:
Just to let you know that peas aren't on the allowed list, as they are very high in carbs(altho feel free to correct me if they've updated it-I've had my list for nearly a month)

Oh dear!! I did not know this... Oops! Luckily I only used a small handful for texture. I won't do that again!
Thanks Welshtigger!

TIGGERTOES said:
Oh dear!! I did not know this... Oops! Luckily I only used a small handful for texture. I won't do that again!
Thanks Welshtigger!

The list is in the sticky section at the top of the s&s forum! It details all the 'allowed' veg x

Welshtigger said:
The list is in the sticky section at the top of the s&s forum! It details all the 'allowed' veg x

I'll have a read. I'm on the iPad app and its quite difficult to find stuff on here. Stickies seem to be out of sight.

TIGGERTOES said:
I'll have a read. I'm on the iPad app and its quite difficult to find stuff on here. Stickies seem to be out of sight.

They're at the top of thecmain forum. There's a tab with stickies just click it and bingo

Back