What do the products taste like?

angie-bum

Gold Member
I did exante years ago and the range wasn't as vast! I particularly would like to know what their sausage mix and the burger mix taste like and the pancakes and the salt caramel pud.

Can someone who is on exante at the mo, give a run down of the products & if able compare to any other Vlcd you've tried.

I know they won't taste like non diet food, but I can imagine they could taste awful as well!
Many thanks

Out of the products you've mentioned, I've tried some of them and will give my overview as follows:

Sausage mix: hard to mix like you see on the packet, way too a synthetic taste for me, had once and not re-ordered

Pancakes: had once but wasn't very successful in forming nice pancake shapes, I've got another pack to have another go

Salted caramel pudding: This isn't actually too bad, nice when I fancy something hot.

To be honest, overall though I'm not a huge fan of most of the hot food items. I guess everyone is different, people on the Exante site do leave some quite positive reviews about a lot of the products.

Personally I prefer the shakes (not that keen on most of the bars either)

You could maybe buy a few different ones from people from eBay to try a variety of products.

I am day three. I love the shakes. I'm getting used to the bars. The soups are and some of the hot food are palatable. BUT I am trying to eat the beef and black bean hot meal. And the struggle is real :(:(:confused:

Thank you, will stick with what I know =)

I started this week and have been giving opinions on all the products I've tried so far in my diary if that helps x

Can anyone tell me what the cheese and bacon eggs taste like? also what are the vanilla cup cakes like? Im thinking of trying a few new products into my plan as I love the pancakes and the chocolate mint flavour.

I ordered 1 of the cheese and bacon egg product and all I can say is I have never eaten something so horrible in all my life. I shall never ever order anymore of that flavour again. I shall stick with the chocolate mint milk shakes and the pancakes that I love.

Just seen this thread.

I tried the cheese and bacon egg product, making up as scrambled eggs. Really didn't like it. But you can make it into an omelette as well, so as I have more packs I intend to try them omelette style next time. So far the only other thing I have tried and not liked (or tolerated) is the pizza. I tried the pizza yesterday and that is really bad. I had 7 packs (they come in boxes of 7) of the things and I am not going to have a second try at them - the rest have gone straight into the bin. Loving the pancakes though.

Oh good, I'll try pancakes soon

So far I've had: raspberry crispy bar- yuck, v artificial won't get again 1/10
Cottage pie- okay, would eat again if I had to 3/10, much prefer the s&s one
Chock cookie- yuck, salty 2/10
Tiramisu-6/10, not bad would have again if on offer
Cherry almond-9/10 yummy, very like cherry marzipan, would have again

I did a 60 for £60, and almost got one of each, so I have lots of samples to have

So I tried the pancakes, definitely tastes like pancakes, so 8/10
couldn't really detect the maple part, may have to get some zero sugar syrup to have with it.

Tried the sausage pack, yummy 10/10, made it into a pattie and had it like a burger, very impressed

Had the burger mix, less impressed, 6/10 bit tasteless really, had to jazz it up with some seasoning on top.

So this morning, I used a third of the mix from each packet, so had a tax disc sized portion of each. It's really good as I really feel I've eaten something and I've only used one pack. I also struggle when I'm not at work and at home cos I really want to eat during my free time. But with these it was okay, I don't feel hard done by at all, whoop, whoop!

Oh, and I had the jam yogurt bar a few days ago, yummy 10/10

Also had the red Thai chicken 5/10 and it's really bland. Exante used to do a Thai chicken soup 5 years ago and it was chickeny and spicy and yummy. This one sucks.

Their vanilla shake is also a bit bland 6/10 , I prefer the s&s one

But so far quite impressed

Last edited:
For me

Porridge, vanilla cereal, gooey choc pudding, gooey caramel pudding, Apple cinnamon porridge, peanut bar - 10/10

Maple pancakes, blueberry pancakes, double choc bar, cherry almond bar, jam bar, Apple custard - 8.5/10

Shepherds pie - 7/10

Carbonara - 5/10

Bacon scones, spag Bol, Indian dal - straight in the bin!

My only prob is that between the pancakes and the sausage and a bar. Only 3 products but I know I'm out of ketosis & hungry.
So lesson learnt I won't be eating pancakes and a bar so early in the day. In fact this is probably the end of my exante journey, I'm going back to S&S.
The bars are a no no for me, exante bars make me hungry and craving food, I also don't like the shakes as much. I like the sausage mix, so I might get a box of them.

I know myself too well, I nearly got another exante offer which was mainly pancakes, yummy bars and sausages..... But I have packets to eat, I'm going to have all of them then rethink what to order then.

So I've had the raspberry porridge, the gooey choc pudding and the gooey caramel pudding and I can eat them but I must be doing something wrong cos they don't seem right.
The porridge is really raspberry flavoured gloop and the puddings are not gooey.
Anyone know the secret to making them right?

Not tried them yet, will let u know when I've tried the puds.

I did have the apple crumble and custard and I really liked it, I crumbled a small piece of bar into it and added a splash of milk and it was quite passable 8/10
Tried the beef and black bean, found it a bit bland, next time I will add less water and add spices 7/10

I think I was a bit hasty when I said I wouldn't do exante, it's just that I have to not eat my packs early in the day, but it does follow what I've always known, if I eat early in the day , I'll be eating all day, if I don't eat til late I automatically stop eating after a certain time and eat a lot less

All I have tried so far is the shakes, and I only like chocolate flavour. Going to order a few tester bars next week I think. Which one is the tastiest?

My fav bar is the choc orange one. My least favourite is the peanut butter flavour one, but it is still ok. As yet I have not found a bar I don't like.

Hmmm, finally got round to, the gooey Choc pud. Hmmm, no goo in my pack!

I have yet to find any goo in any of the gooey pudding packs. I am eating them because I can't afford not to.

I have yet to find any goo in any of the gooey pudding packs. I am eating them because I can't afford not to.
Yep, no goo in my pud. Maybe if I cooked it less it would be less salty pud and more gooey delight

I doubt it though ;)

I have tried all sorts of timings for the puds Angie and nothing makes them gooey.

I can also report that exante cup cakes are vile

Back