What do you do if you are in a rebellious mood and want junk food?

missmalibu

Im struggling at the moment, im on my second week and im feeling like i want to eat kfc and mcdonalds, im feeling a bit down and not really sure how else to deal with it other than eat! any suggestions? sorry if ive posted in the wrong place xx Jo

Why not try making your own "fake-away" meals? That's what I do if I'm getting a craving. My favourites are homemade burgers stuffed with laughing cow light, or pizzas made from warburtons square wraps. There are even recipes for 'KFC' style chicken and kebabs, which I believe are both really low in Syns - if you do a search of the forum you should find them and plenty of others.

Other than that, do something to take your mind off the craving. Have a nice relaxing bath with a magazine, paint your nails...anything! :)

Watch a video on how they actually make fast food. You won't want it after that ;)

fakeaways are really good!! my best common one is chicken chow mein, i make it with diet coke chicken so the sauce is sweet for my noodles, chicken an veg i add x

ohh i also drink lots of water to fill me an keep myself busy

Hey don't know if this will help but i made this list for myself on my food diary of snack/junk food i like within syns for if i really need it :)

Naughty but nice within syns
wanted to make a list for myself of treats which are only for treats as quite high in syns but still within allowance- would have to go without any other syns these days, think weekend :) shall keep adding as i look things up

1.2 kfc drumsticks (5.5 syns each)
1 regular kfc gravy (4 syns)
Total = 15

2. Krispy kreme rasberry glazed doughnut (15 syns)

3. 2 warburtons crumpets (5 syns each)
2 tbsp dairy free marg (3 syns)
Total = 13

4. Krispy kreme cinnamon apple filled doughnut (15 syns)

5. Mcdonalds apple pie (12 syns)

6. Mcdonalds 9 chicken mcnuggets (13 syns)
2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)
Total = 15

7. Mr kipling apple pie (11.5 syns)

8. subway Bowl of Meatballs with Montery Cheddar Cheese (9 syns)

9. Burger king, 2 portions of chicken bites (5.5 syns each)
= 11

10. Krispy kreme strawberry gloss doughnut (13 syns)

11. Mcdonalds mozzarella dippers (14 syns)

12. Kfc regular popcorn chicken (12.5 syns)

13. 3 fish fingers (2 syns each)
wholemeal bread (HEB)
2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)
weigh watchers tomato soup (4 syns)
= 12

14. Red day: salad and asda wholemeal pitta (HEB) with 10 bernard matthews mini kievs (
15 syns)
Green day: corn on the cob and baked beans with 6 bernard matthews mini kievs (15 syns)

16. Greggs cheese and tomato pizza (
14.5 syns)

x-tuesdayemma-x said:
Hey don't know if this will help but i made this list for myself on my food diary of snack/junk food i like within syns for if i really need it :)

Naughty but nice within synswanted to make a list for myself of treats which are only for treats as quite high in syns but still within allowance- would have to go without any other syns these days, think weekend :) shall keep adding as i look things up

Total = 15

Total = 13

2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)
Total = 15

= 11

wholemeal bread (HEB)
2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)
= 12

14. Red day: salad and asda wholemeal pitta (HEB) with 10 bernard matthews mini kievs (15 syns)
Green day: corn on the cob and baked beans with 6 bernard matthews mini kievs (15 syns)

16. Greggs cheese and tomato pizza (14.5 syns)

Good idea!!

x-tuesdayemma-x said:

Naughty but nice within synswanted to make a list for myself of treats which are only for treats as quite high in syns but still within allowance- would have to go without any other syns these days, think weekend :) shall keep adding as i look things up

Total = 15

Total = 13

2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)
Total = 15

= 11

wholemeal bread (HEB)
2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)
= 12

14. Red day: salad and asda wholemeal pitta (HEB) with 10 bernard matthews mini kievs (15 syns)

16. Greggs cheese and tomato pizza (14.5 syns)

Brilliant idea!!

Try telling yourself that KFC and McDonalds are simply not good enough for the likes of you. They are rubbish, you are not!!

Thanks everyone for the ideas, i managed to get through the day without giving in, i came on minimins for ideas of what to eat and what to get in food wise, made a list went to asda and once id got back home again i didnt have the cravings anymore! Thanks again! xxx

Fantastic, well done missmalibu! :)

Have a look through this; http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html
He has a KFC style chicken recipe amongst all the other recipes, I have tried it and it's absolute delicious. Simple to make and it's nice and a lot better for you :) I have a can of full fat coke after my evening meal every night, worked into my syns (7syns a can) and I find this stops me craving rubbish. Unless you would rather use your daily syn allowance on other things.

Im struggling at the moment, im on my second week and im feeling like i want to eat kfc and mcdonalds, im feeling a bit down and not really sure how else to deal with it other than eat! any suggestions? sorry if ive posted in the wrong place xx Jo

Its shocking just how bad some of those kfc pieces are. The good news is that the SW KFC is excellent and can with the right ingredients be made in the time it would take you to drive there and back to the KFC.

things you need: Wholemeal bread crumbs (you can make these from toasting bread, but it is a pain, you can just get them in a supermarket, or buy in bulk online), chicken oxo paste jar (get them at morrisons/asda) some mixed herbs, chicken legs and a beaten egg.

Really is easy to do, get a few chicken legs, de-skin them, cut the drumstick off from the thigh (this is exactly as they are done at kfc and adds to the illusion) beat an egg, pour in the oxo paste from the jar and some mixed herbs, it should whisk into a brown sticky substance.

Coat the chickens throughout in the sticky substance, have a large bowl with the breadcrumbs in, dip the coated chicken all over with the bread crumbs and lay on tinfoil sprayed with onecal spray. Cook for about thirty minutes.

You can do the same with cut chicken breast and make goujons.

After you have done it a few times you can get the whole thing prepared in the time it takes for the oven to heat up. They are delicious and syn free if counting the breadcrumbs as healthy extra, if not still barely half a syn a piece of chicken.

Utterly superb....

did the sw kfc chicken today at lunch it was lovely! saved a bit to take to work for lunch tomorrow cheers for the ideas xx

Back