What do you do to treat yourself?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Jessie B, 30 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Jessie B

Jessie B Full Member

Hi,

I was just wondering what other people do to give themselves non-food treats.

I'm enjoying lots of hot baths at the moment (last night was especially good - I took a book with me & an ice-cold bottle of sparkling water with a hint of orange flavouring.) When I came downstairs I curled up with a decaf coffee whitened with vanilla shake - bliss!

I'm not used to taking time out for myself & it all felt really indulgent. Any other ideas on how to reward yourself without food? xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

heya hun, what about spa treatments? get your hair done?

becky xx

4. DizzyDeb

DizzyDeb On a Mission!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(9.12%)
    Diet:
    CD - SS
    Hi Jessie, I'm going for lots of hot baths just now too and trying to be really indulgent - loads of bubbles, candles, etc. and nice body lotions afterwards - if nothing else it kills the time that I would previously have been in the kitchen raiding the fridge!

Have also bought lots of shoes, painted my nails (toes and fingers - different colour every night!) and spent time reading the posts on here - not really a reward as such but good for getting rid of any minor feelings of temptation!

5. Jessie B

Jessie B Full Member

I'm liking the sound of spa treatments, but I'll have to pass on the hair-do option - I've a major fear of hairdressers & would rather go to the dentist and have a tooth out!! Not my idea of a treat I'm afraid!

You've got me thinking about a pampering session as a reward for hitting my next goal though .... xxx

6. Jessie B

Jessie B Full Member

Shoes - why didn't I think of that???? It's not like I usually need an excuse! (I hate clothes shopping but love shoes) I think the body lotion is a good idea too, because I don't know if it's CD related or just the weather, but I've noticed my skin is getting really dry.

Dizzydeb, you're a genius xxx

7. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    ive found a new love for belts, just bought a lovely new studded belt.

Jessie B likes this.
  8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hehe ive got dry skin on the top of my nose even though im not on cd at the mo i look like rudolph!!

9. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    getting in festive spirit becks are you.lol

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:giggle::giggle:

its sooo annoying though!!!!!!!!

11. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

hi jess, i just went out in my lunch hour and treated myself to some new make-up and nail varnish, got to do something in that hour that doesn't involve food!!
    xx

Jessie B likes this.
  12. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    I think nails are a good one,they take ages to do(Ive been sticking little nail jewels on mine)Then they take ages to dry,so it takes up quite a bit of time
    xx

Jessie B likes this.
  13. DizzyDeb

DizzyDeb On a Mission!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(9.12%)
    Diet:
    CD - SS
    Cheers hun, never been called a genius before but I'll take that one! Have always overindulged in the shoe department because I too hate clothes shopping but unlike clothes, shoes always fit!

My skin has been really dry too which is another reason that I've went overboard on the body lotion recently, and i'm not sure either if its cd related or weather.

Like the nail jewels idea andju, guess what i'll be doing tonight when i paint my nails!!!!

Jessie B likes this.
  14. Sarah_V

Sarah_V Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Glad I'm not the only one with dry skin, I have loads on my forehead and may I say it looks very unattractive lol

I am going to have a long hot bath laters and then paint my nails, you have inspired me :) Thanks guys x

Sarah xx

15. Jessie B

Jessie B Full Member

Poor you Becky. Perhaps we could start a list of comedy ailments - I'm approaching totm & have got a huge spot between my eyes - I look as though I've been shot in the forehead! At least I don't have to worry about make up for halloween!!!

Susan, I think the belts idea is fab. Not only do you get great accessories, but it'll be a real boost to have to use a different notch after losing weight.

And yes - tonight I'm going to do my nails. I haven't done it for ages (and I don't have any jewels) but it'll be good to feel a bit glam (given my dry skin/spotty face situation - not feeling very gorgeous!!!)

I feel all inspired now. Thanks for the tips xxx :)

16. abz

abz Gold Member

i have always taken loads of bubble baths but towards the winter this always goes up. of course i've just gotten out of the bath. i was so bloody cold that i had to get in one to warm up!! grrr. this diet rocks, but the side effects can be so annoying!! hee.

abz xx

17. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    New make=up, nail varnish, baths, I also buy magazines now - which I didn't used to - I like Easy Living best.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Prinzessin

Prinzessin Shoe Queen!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Please dont tell the hubby but today I went into Boots and spent £140 on Benefit makeup and products :sign0007:
    So thats how I give myself a treat :D

20. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    My treats are going to consist of new DVDs and Xbox 360 Games, and if I manage to lose my 3stone by Christmas, I've promised myself a nice new guitar:

Gibson Songwriter Deluxe 12 String

Always wanted a 12-string :D

21. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2

:blahblah: You're in trouble! Gonna tell! :rotflmao:

Good on you! I've heard worse. One guy on here went and treated himself to a wide screen telly while his wife was away!

22. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Excellent! Sounds like something I would do lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.