What do you do when you eat out for a meal?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Fatty_no_more, 22 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am going out for my best friends birthday in a few weeks and am thinking of cancelling as i dont want to deviate from the diet but then I was thinking is there a way i can stick to this and go?

We are going to frankie and bennys?

HELP!
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i went there this week and had like a tomato pasta which would only be a couple of syns on green has olives in so you can cut down by not having those. jsut dont be tempted by bread and pizza!!!

4. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Nooo, don't cancel, remember you've got to live your life!!

I'd have a red day, don't have any syns before you go, then go for chicken salad or something (dressing separate and beware of croutons / cheese).

Other than that, do flexible syns, have what you fancy, then draw a line under it and get back on plan straight after xxx

5. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Aren't olives free? I personally can't stand them, but my collegue eats them like the is no tomorrow and claims they are free?

6. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    where would i find the syn values of things that are served there?
    x

7. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    no, olives are very low though. i think like half for a few of them.

8. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    you cant really unless they release the nutritional value of their food, check the site then you can put it into lifeline online calculator. you really just have to use your common sense like pasta is free on green, meat on red, and use your initiative when eating out and consider things like oil, cheese, anythin like that and just make a rough guesstimate. at the end of the day your not eating there 24/7 so if you get it a little wrong i dont think its going to affect your loss in the long run

9. ABit_Batty

ABit_Batty Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(36.82%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    They have the menus on their website so maybe plan in advance what to have...or suggest a few things from the menu you fancy and see what the SW' pro's on here think of it?
    Main Appetisers | Frankie & Benny's

HTH!

10. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Olives, in brine, weighed without stones 28g
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 1½ Syns[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Basic/Non Branded Foods
    Olives, black/green 7 olives
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original 1 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 1 Syns

[/FONT]​

11. zenabob2105

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    you could have this on red day, with jacket as HEB.

F&B Benny's Sweet Cured Bacon Steak
    £9.95
    A grilled 7oz* sweet cured bacon steak served with a whole oven baked tomato, flat mushroom, mustard on the side and your choice of herb potatoes, house fries or a jacket.

F&B 8oz* New York Strip Sirloin
    £12.95
    Finest strip sirloin steak grilled to your liking and served with a whole oven baked tomato, flat mushroom, spicy onion rings and your choice of herb potatoes, house fries or a jacket.

or this on green day, and either miss out or sin the bread.

Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
    £9.25
    Arborio rice cooked in a rich tomato and white wine sauce with sun kissed tomatoes and a selection of roasted Mediterranean vegetables. Served with garlic ciabatta bread on the side.

12. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm like the sound of F&B 8oz* New York Strip Sirloin
    £12.95
    Finest strip sirloin steak grilled to your liking and served with a whole oven baked tomato, flat mushroom, spicy onion rings and your choice of herb potatoes, house fries or a jacket.

YEY!

Thanks guys
    xx

13. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i'll have the mozarella and tomato salad for starters and the pasta arrabbiata please :D

i would eat free food all day and no healthy extras, then count the mozarella as 2 x a choices (just to be safe) and the oil as b choices, then the pasta sauce would be my sins. i'd drink diet coke or water and come away feeling guilt free :D

14. zenabob2105

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    do a red day, have a the jacket, (without butter and count it as say 2 HEX).:D

If drinking have vodka and diet cooke, only 2.5 syns, compared to say a glass of wine at 6 syns:)

It's ok to go over your syns (have a flexi day), as long as you go straight back to it the next day;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.