• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What do you do with alpen light bars??

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
S: 16st10.0lb C: 12st2lb G: 11st10.0lb BMI: 25.8 Loss: 4st8lb(27.35%)
S: 13st3lb C: 12st7lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st10lb(5.41%)
Melt mine for 15 seconds, soooo yummy. Also crumble it on top of a mixed fruit salad with mullerlight. Chocolate and Fudge are my fave. Summer Berries tastes a bit jammy for me.

S: 19st11lb C: 18st13lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 37 Loss: 0st12lb(4.33%)
Oooh Great tip......Melted Choc Fudge bars sounds yummy!!
I did try breaking them up in my Muller light but it went really hard.

Lady A

Loves to Shop!
G: 9st7lb
I melt the Chocolate & fudge ones in the microwave for 20 seconds, top with sliced banana and then top with a scoop of low fat vanilla ice cream....YUM! You can top it with chopped nuts or melted nutella if you have enough syns left :)

S: 11st9.5lb C: 10st5.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 1st4lb(11.01%)
wow- thanks for the tips everyone- I never thought outside the box- I was being pretty boring and just eating them as healthy extras- saving them for treats;) Sounds like something a bit more exciting to do with them!!!

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
S: 16st10.0lb C: 12st2lb G: 11st10.0lb BMI: 25.8 Loss: 4st8lb(27.35%)
wow- thanks for the tips everyone- I never thought outside the box- I was being pretty boring and just eating them as healthy extras- saving them for treats;) Sounds like something a bit more exciting to do with them!!!
hey how many sin's in the ice cream?? sounds great!! ;)

HPSaucy

Will get there one day!
S: 17st8lb C: 14st8.5lb Loss: 2st13.5lb(16.87%)
I put them in the microwave at work for 30 seconds this morning as usual however it's a powerful microwave so melted them down loads, before I had a chance to put my yogurt on my phone rang, by the time I went back to it they had set so hard in the bowl I could literally turn the bowl upside down and it was stuck fast!

Was going to throw away but got a knife to prize it from the bottom of the bowl and it had gone like a biscuit... Mmm hard but nice!

furrystomper

BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER
S: 16st12lb C: 16st5lb G: 13st7lb BMI: 44.7 Loss: 0st7lb(2.97%)
I break mine into 4 then squish between 2 spoons and then pop them into a warm oven on some greaseproof paper. They go just like biscuits :D lovley with a cuppa x

MinkyDinky

Holiday Countdown!
S: 20st7lb C: 12st3lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 26 Loss: 8st4lb(40.42%)
some people use them as a base for cheesecake :)
exactly, melt, push in to a ramekin, as the base, then top with quark sweetened and some fruit - ie sliced strawberries, back in the fridge to set and voila! Cheesecake :p

S: 15st0lb C: 12st4.4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 2st9.6lb(17.9%)
That sound's yummy! Definitely going to be giving it a try, thanks for posting x

I just micro'd choc & fudge alpen light bar in a ramekin for 20 secs & used back of spoon to push down base, thinly sliced banana & dollop of low fat custard nom nom. I didn't heat cust or bananas though & biscuity base stays nice & warm

I break mine into 4 then squish between 2 spoons and then pop them into a warm oven on some greaseproof paper. They go just like biscuits :D lovley with a cuppa x

I usually just shove them in my gob and have a few minutes of bliss!

I am going to try this tonight though, I don't have a microwave so I haven't been able to try any of the others ideas yet.

My favourite so far is the orange mmm

LeleQ1987

G: 13st3lb
Oooh, I've just found this thread & love it hehe

Have been sick of the bars in their normal form & was hoping I could do something different with them!!
These tips are ace!

Lele

S: 10st4lb C: 9st3lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 1st1lb(10.42%)
Love the tips.
I usually just eat them as they are but have a HEB left for today so was toying with the idea of using it as a pitta with my tea but think I have been swayed now :)

S: 17st7.5lb C: 15st3lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 34.4 Loss: 2st4.5lb(13.24%)
I'd never even thought of doing anything with them other than eating them straight from the packaging - thanks for the ideas ladies! :)