What do you do with Quark?

i chopped up some bananas and put them in a dish,then mixed 2 toffee mullers with 1 tub of quark and put it over the bananas and grated a bit of choc over the top or you could just dust the top with cocoa powder..syn free pudding apart from the choc..

Class Leader said she uses it for dips. She likes very strong cheese, so puts a small amount into the Quark then leaves it in the fridge overnight, and it tastes really cheesy the next day and nice for dipping crudites (or kettle chips LOL) into.

I've never had it before but i've heard its like philly but not as light.
I just wondered what everyone does with it?

I put mine in the bin. Cant stand the stuff :D

OOOO thanks, like the thick chocolate option, does it taste cheesy or is it more like a base to add things too, like riccotta?
Might have to get some and experiment, it might end up in the bin too

its more of a base for things..it can also be whisked into jellies so it turns out to be more of a mousse rather than a jelly..enjoy experimenting x

Hi

well I seem to use it a lot now... I have used it to make my own jelly mouse without jelly lol .... dips..... sauces.... marinades and that is only recently... still experimenting.

Ok it isn't one with great flavour but it is something that is so versatile and can be sweet or savoury.... just keep trying and you will find something as your taste buds change.

Good luck :)

Add very low fat fromage frais to quark with some herbs & garlic to make a lovely dip.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add garlic puree (you don’t need very much) to a tub of quark, mix together and keep in the fridge to add to almost anything! Try dipping slimming world chips into it or use as a topping for jacket potatoes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix with a tin of tuna, chopped spring onion, red pepper and a tsp of paprika for a sandwich filling or jacket potato topping.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix salmon with a tub of quark place on a bed of rocket leaves and top with asparagus and black pepper. (Lovely as a starter)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix quark with cooked leeks, mushrooms, fat free fromage frais or yoghurt and stir through pasta. It makes a really nice creamy sauce.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Quark is a good alternative to cottage cheese when making quiche, just whisk it into the eggs and pour over the base mixture.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Make a sugar free jelly up as the packet says and set aside to cool (2 sins). Mix a matching flavoured Muller light with a pot of quark. Carefully stir in jelly and allow to set in the fridge over night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix equal parts quark and Mullerlight (any flavour). Add a little sweetener and put into ice cream maker - delicious!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Add sweetener, mix well and use as a free topping on fruit.

I've never had it before but i've heard its like philly but not as light.
I just wondered what everyone does with it?

it definatley doesn't taste of philly - unfortunately.

it tastes on nothing with a tang!

i have a tub in the fridge and have been meaning to make spinach canneloni. will do it sometime before it expires - maybe!

i think it tastes vulgar on its own, but being the credit crunch i didnt want to throw it out. and now i use it all the time add a tablespoon to my pasta n sauce made with water to make it creamy. and all of the above i m glad i gave it a go but would never be good on a sandwich of to dip your finger in like philly

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY

I find it has a texture like Philly (though not as creamy) and tastes not unlike cottage cheese. Very good for cooking with though and making "creamy" sauces and whatnot. I think it's a very useful thing once you get to grips with it. Especially cos it's "free".

Reviving this thread - any new ideas on Quark? is it still free? I have a BGTY tub in the fridge and no inspiration!?

Back