What do you eat before weigh in?

Rara Lara

I Love Slimming World
This is really aimed at morning weighers but interested no matter what time you weigh!

What do you eat before weigh in?
Do you eat the same thing before every weigh in?
Does a drink kick start your metabolism in the morning or only food?? (can i get away with not eating til 10am when i am walking over a mile to the group?)

Thanks everyone!

It will make no difference whatsoever what you eat in the long run so this time I am not sweating over it or stripping off cardigans, socks jewellery etc

Interesting question!
I weigh in in the evening at 7pm, and I know that nearly everyone at my group eats dinner after weigh in/group. I guess in many ways I am therefore unusual because I always have dinner before I go to weigh in at 6pm! I ate before I went to WI on the introduction week so figured it was just better to continue along the same path...plus, if I ate after group I wouldn't be eating till 8.30pm/9pm - I just couldn't last that long and I know I would end up snacking unnecessarily to 'keep me going'!!

I think as long as you keep it consistent every week then it shouldn't be a problem really - stick to the same portion sizes and just eat until full (don't overeat and don't skrimp just because you know there is a WI)...just keep it normal and routine!

(I also wear the same clothes each week (most do!) as I'm still in what I wear for work...so again, just keeping it consistent!)

It's worked for me so far...! But like I say, I think I'm pretty unusual eating just before WI...just works for me! :)

I'm really bad. I have cereal for lunch or a cupa soup on WI day and then don't drink after about 3pm (my weigh in is at 7). Bad I know but I've been doing for a year, and scared ifi change it my results wouldn't b so good

I usually get in from work at 3pm on weigh in day, will have some fruit and a cuppa but won't eat until afterwards.

I'm another who wears the same each week :D

I have decided to eat as normal on WI days (my group is in the evening) as I previously went to WW and drove myself mad not wanting to eat before WI. The whole day was stressful and therefore as soon as I'd been to WI I'd stuff myself with relief! I couldn't cope with the massive up and down every week and didn't last long.

I hope that makes sense written down. It was such a psychological roller coaster for me!

My group is at 4.30 so I just have breakfast and lunch as normal, then when I get home it's 6pm and teatime! My OH has my dinner ready so I don't have to worry about starting from scratch or being tempted to snack while dinner's cooking.

I weigh in at 4 ish and jsut eat normally before hand, 3 egg omelette for breakfast with mushrooms and tinned toms, normal lunch (maybe baked pot, salad and tuna, yoghurt) normal drinks through the day.

Always wear the same and have a wee before lol x

Back