What do you eat instead of salad?

angwass

Not sure if this has been asked before but most days for my lunch at work I have salad and I am actually getting fed up of it now. I either eat it as a full meal, i.e meat salad or I have it to make up my 1/3 superfree with a sandwich or jacket potatoe etc but I feel like I can't take any more salad....so what do you eat for your 1/3 superfree instead of salad?

I find my 1/3 superfree at evening meals a lot easier as I will have vegetables or roasted vegetables or salad but it's not that easy at work. I do have access to hot water, microwave and a toaster so I know I have more facilities than a lot of people do at work. As I say my meals mainly are jacket potatoe, sandwich, or left overs from tea before but it's the 1/3 superfree I am struggling with.

Have you tried cold roasted vegetables in a pasta salad or something? I roast courgette, red onion, brocolli, brussel sprouts and peppers and mix them with pasta and some salad cream or mayo.
Or you could do a couscous salad with tomatoes, peppers, spring onions and ham?

Or instead of having sandwich or jacket you could make some veg soup and bring it to work?

Personally its too cold for me to eat salad atm, so been having loads of roasted veg and soups!

Ah thank you....in the past I have had cous cous with roast veg and pasta but I literally just have peppers, mushrooms and onions in....never crossed my mind to roast broccoli or sprouts etc. Think I may have a go at adding a few different vegetables in.

Also when I first started SW I use to make soups but I have got a little bit lazy tbh so I need to get my act together and make some soups again.

Thank you :) x

What about those bags of frozen steam vegetables you can buy? You can buy like a bag with 4 individual servings in. You just pop them in the microwave for about 3 minutes and they're steamed perfectly! You can also get them from fresh too, rather than frozen :)

I normally have a homemade vegetable soup with a couple of Ryvita and then add even more superfree by having a bowl of melon with mango or pineapple.

If you really struggle then have what you normally have (tuna sandwich for example) and add a bowl of chopped fruit as well to up your superfree.

Back