What do you eat or drink when feeling low of energy?

Ardzgrly88

I'm a single mum to a little girl at 2 1/2 and recently her sleeping is bad and I'm feeling during the day a real lack of energy, really tired and like I could collapse in a heap and sleep. I just want to know any ideas on foods I could eat to keep my energy levels up? Would be a great help.

I used to rely heavily on my lucozade fix every afternoon after a hard night when my little one was just born. Then I realised they're 17.5 syns a bottle! Oops.. So now I have a sugar free red bull and they help a lot. If you're not into energy drinks though I find a nice big dose of pasta perks me right up, especially with tuna!x

See I use to be the same. I would have always had a bottle in the afternoon but now I don't. I'm not really into red bull but I could maybe try it. Is the sugar free red bull free?

Not sure if it will help as im not sure its the same kind of tired, but I felt exhausted all last week. I could hardly keep my eyes open by tea time. I wondered about going to the Drs, til it occurred to me I hadn't been eating iron-rich food. As I mostly eat veggie food, it really makes a difference if I've not had enough- cue plenty of spinach/broccoli and im starting to feel better! If you dont eat much red meat it might help?

Coffee! Vanilla or caramel flavoured from Douwe & Egberts. With sweetener

Not sure if it will help as im not sure its the same kind of tired, but I felt exhausted all last week. I could hardly keep my eyes open by tea time. I wondered about going to the Drs, til it occurred to me I hadn't been eating iron-rich food. As I mostly eat veggie food, it really makes a difference if I've not had enough- cue plenty of spinach/broccoli and im starting to feel better! If you dont eat much red meat it might help?
You could have a point there, I eat lots of veggies too but been trying lots of different ones every day that I'm not really getting my iron intake. I don't eat a lot of red meat at all, mainly chicken so I need to start eating more veg. Thanks.

Coffee! Vanilla or caramel flavoured from Douwe & Egberts. With sweetener
I can't enjoy coffee anymore with sweeteners, I like a good sweet coffee so I've been sticking to tea. But it's not the same.

Greek yoghurt
If you eat fish - smoked salmon/mackerel
Eggs

Bananas almonds greek yoghurt make a good nourishing snack

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Greek yoghurt If you eat fish - smoked salmon/mackerel Eggs Bananas almonds greek yoghurt make a good nourishing snack Xx Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app
I don't eat fish, really wish I liked it as it's so healthy but I can't, it just turns me. Thanks for the suggesting s.

Sorry, sugar free red bull is free :) and reading the other comments I also find it very hard to eat enough iron rich foods as I'm such a fussy eater so I drink Spatone iron supplement as it's very easy to drink and doesn't have the side effects of the tablets xx

Sorry, sugar free red bull is free :) and reading the other comments I also find it very hard to eat enough iron rich foods as I'm such a fussy eater so I drink Spatone iron supplement as it's very easy to drink and doesn't have the side effects of the tablets xx
Thank you. I'll maybe get a few to have in the house. So that supplement won't constipate you or anything?

Noo not at all, that's why I take it. I suffer terribly with constipation on the tablets, and awful sickness too so found this drink and it has just the amount the body needs so stops all the problems from occurring. I swear by it! :)

Back