What do you think?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by honey74, 25 August 2010 Social URL.

1. honey74

honey74 The Original Honey!!!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I took my Grandma out today so she could sort all her shopping and bills bits and bobs out(she's had a real run of bad luck having an op, being mugged, loosing all here food in the freezer due to a power failure that lasted 3 days and my grandad being rushed into hospital and being diagnosed with cancer....and all in 5 weeks!!) and to say thank you she wanted to treat me to lunch.

She took me to her favorite resaurant, an Italian and I chose what I thought was the lowest syn meal a grilled chicken pomodoro pasta.

I'm allowing 1tsp of parmesan as my HEA and i'm allowing 1tbsp of olive oil as my HEB. I'm then guessing about another 8 syns for a bit more oil, tomato puree, wine, sugar, just in case any or all of them are in the pomodoro sauce.

What do you think, should I add more syns to it or about right?

Thanks

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. honey74

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lots of looks and no one to help me? :sigh:

xxx

4. jane76

jane76 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    zenical
    aw sorry no-one replied to your post, id probably do just as uve done and guess around the 8 syns, id say it was the best choice for you to have anyway so i shouldnt have thought it was anymore than the 8 syns.....just so long as you enjoyed it though thats the main thing isnt it :)

5. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry, didnt want to read and run, but I dont know what pomodora sauce is. Did you drink some wine, or are you guessing there is some in the sauce?

If you are just allowing for some in the sauce I would guess just 1-2 syns.

These are are the potential syns for wine if you drunk some.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Red wine 175ml

[​IMG] 6 Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 6 Syns [​IMG] Green 6 Syns

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basic/Non Branded Foods Red wine 250ml[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] 8½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 8½ Syns [​IMG] Green 8½ [/FONT]

Basic/Non Branded Foods White wine, dry 175ml

[​IMG] 6 Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 6 Syns [​IMG] Green 6 Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods White wine, dry 250ml

[​IMG] 8½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 8½ Syns [​IMG] Green 8½

Other than that, grilled chicken with pasta shouldnt be too high I would guess - (assuming you are on extra easy)

Hope that helps

6. honey74

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Arrhhhh thanks guys, I knew there was someone out there who could just back up my thinking.

Jane it was absolutely delicious and I really enjoyed it. Just wish it wasn't the day before WI eekkk!! lol

Mandy, thanks for your syns guide with the old vino. I didn't drink any wine (had water) so it was just purely what could have been in the sauce.

Hopefully I haven't messed up my WI tonight.

Thanks again girls, you're stars

xxx

7. prawnchopSuey

prawnchopSuey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would stick to free foods for the rest of the day because you never know what was in there - but that's just me...
    When you find out the syn values of some harmless-looking meals out it is frightening what must be added to recipes! :)
    Do whatever you think is best, then move on having enjoyed a nice meal out. I know that for me, by overestimating syns it takes away any of the 'guilt' that may crop up from 'estimating' a syn value for something.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.