What do you wear

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by RachelN76, 12 May 2010 Social URL.

1. RachelN76

RachelN76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    to go to the gym or exercise?

I've just joined the local gym, and i don't want to look stupid, but I'm a size 18-20 and I just don't fit into any Reebok, Nike stuff.
    I went to Matalan today (much more me than Reebok to be honest! :lol:) but all their sports clothes are WAY too long for me. I'm only 4'11" and have really short legs.

Any ideas? I've got shorts, but that really doesn't look pretty! :lol: I don't want to spend a lot, but I don't want to look silly either.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    3/4 length trousers that ary "sportyish" although i do have some jogging bottoms that were "fashion" ones if you get me? and i wear an old polo shirt! nothing fancy, just what i can move in :)

4. Rakas

Rakas Member

Trackies/shorts is best for the gym along with a tshirt.

5. RachelN76

RachelN76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    Thanks - I might try the shorts next time. After all, people should have better things to do than look at me!

6. slimmarach

slimmarach will be size 10

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -1st10lb(-8.63%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting, clean eating
    I am the same clothes size as you and i buy from m&s. They have lovely polo t-shirts and jogging bottoms. Really a lot cheaper than the sports shop as you will have to replace each time you drop a size.

7. slimmarach

slimmarach will be size 10

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -1st10lb(-8.63%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting, clean eating
    Well done for joining the gym by the way. And your right they will all be too busy to worry about your clothes.

8. Tabbicat

Tabbicat Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World At Home
    Wear what feels comfortable for you. I refuse to pay out for expensive gym clothes when i'm losing weight and they won't fit in a few months time. I wear L.A Gear 3/4 (well, just below the knee for me - i have long legs!!) Trousers that cost £4.99 and a Slazenger (mens) T-shirt that cost £2.99 from sports direct. I'm glad i didn't spend lots of money on trousers because i had to buy a smaller pair last week!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.