• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What does the Slimfast actually do?

Is it basically an appetite surpressant? 'Cause there's what, 220 calories in your shakes which you have twice per day, plus your 3 100 cal snacks and a 600 cal meal...so all you're doing is cutting your calories down to 1300-odds a day, but managing not to feel hungry?

I'm quite happy with it, but I was just wondering what the deal with it actually is.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
the slim fast shakes are filled with good nutrients (other than the sugar content!). they expand in your tum when you drink water so although they are not a suppressent they do help you feel full.
i think they help us learn to controll out eating habbits. :)

Yeah I agree. Its all about control for me and knowing that I have to have 2 shakes for 2 of my meals. If i had free reign to have anything for 220cals then I know I'd start to slip and the calories would creep up!!

the slim fast shakes are filled with good nutrients (other than the sugar content!). they expand in your tum when you drink water so although they are not a suppressent they do help you feel full.
i think they help us learn to controll out eating habbits. :)
Totally agree there

Yeah I agree. Its all about control for me and knowing that I have to have 2 shakes for 2 of my meals. If i had free reign to have anything for 220cals then I know I'd start to slip and the calories would creep up!!
im the same i need the discipline slimfast offers even tho ive fallen off the wagon lately i havent given up

I like the fact I know Im getting nutrients I need
The fibre eapands in the stomache and makes you feel full
I like knowing that if I have 2 shakes , 3 100 cal snacks and 600 cals for dinner then Im doing it right
with other diets I find it easy to sneak in extra calories without even realising it
This diet is fairly rigid , which makes me feel secure , yet I dont feel deprived like I would on a fluid only diet