What dress size at what weight?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Angelchops, 27 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Angelchops

Angelchops Full Member

I know we are all different, and shop sizes vary a lot, but Im really interested in approximately what dress size people are at what weight.

Im average height - 5'6 and I can't wait to be able to buy clothes from normal shops, in their normal ranges. What kind of weight are people when they can fit comfotably in a size 20? I'm sure Next goes up to this size.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Hi Angel

Im 5'7 and I think Im one of those lucky people that carry weight quite well, as Im 14 stones but can comfortably wear a size 16 and some size 14's.

When I started out I was 18 stone 1lb, and I was a 20/22.

Next does go up to a 22 I think.

Hope that helps.

4. fat_2_fabulous

fat_2_fabulous Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    hii yeh im 12 9 and i have a few size 12s, 14s and 16s!!!i like to say 12-14 tho lol xx

5. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I am 5' 6" tall and I currently weigh 17 st 8lbs and can wear a size 20 with no problem. In some places an 18 fits me.

6. Busybee

Busybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    sizing is weird, if you ever shop in places like Primark ( sorry to bring the tone down) their sizes are really small so when they say 18 take that to mean 16 and so on.
    I am 5"6 and now can wear a size 18 in most places but did fit into a pair of jeans from MK1 that are a 16 - my happiest moment so far until my daughter mentioned MK1 sizes were cut bigger - I could have happily throttled her!!!!

nce1 likes this.
  7. Sam

Sam Banned

I think it is very difficult to say what dress size people are at what weight. It depends a lot of how tall you are. For exemp├╝le I have a friend who weighs almost the same like me, but she ist much taller than me. So actually she doesn't really look overweight-I would even say that her weight is perfect compared to her size, but unfortunately I still have to lose quite much weight :-(

8. TIFFERS

TIFFERS Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Im 5"6 and 13.11 and im a 16 - 18

9. TIFFERS

TIFFERS Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

Oi I like Primark!! :D and I find there OVER sized - I supposed it depends where you carry your fat to what size you are. I'm a kinda all over spread kinda thing where as some people get big bums or bellies or legs

10. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hello

i am 5.2 and I THINK about 10st3lb ( weigh in thursday )
    i havent bought any clothes at all since i started at 12stone but all i can say is that my size 14s and 16s fall clean off

( well it keeps strangers in the street happy lol )

11. Musical Missy

Musical Missy Full Member

Well I must carry my weight EXTREMELY well! I'm currently 14st 11 (probably less now to be fair as that was last Friday!) and 5ft 4" and I'm a size 16/18 on the bottom and a size 14/16 on the top.

Suppose I shouldn't moan about that really (despite the fact I would much rather have significantly smaller thighs and calves (where I carry most of my weight sadly) but it would be nice to be the same size top and bottom!

Oh well - maybe by Christmas my bottom half will have started catching up with my top half - fingers crossed!

MM x

12. dropsofjupiter

dropsofjupiter Lurks a lot

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.57%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I am 5ft 2ins tall, and am about 13stone 5. I am somewhere between a 16-18. Especially on my bottom half. Saying that, I have on a pair of size 16 trousers today, adn they are hanging off me - I might be able to get into a 14 of this style, but I ahv a pair of 16s at home that fit well, and yet more that I cant even squeeze into.

Like everyone else has said, I suppose it depends on what shape you are, and where you buy your clothes from!

Not much help, am I???

13. slimforlive

slimforlive Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm 5'3" and 10.7 , and I'm in size 12 bottoms! can't believe it! Still need 14-16 tops as (thank god) I still have my boobs, and clothing shops don't seem to cater for size 12's with boobs! lol

14. Angelchops

Angelchops Full Member

Sooooo jealous SoonToBeGorgeous. I am the same height as you, and just 3lbs heavier and I would say I am a comfortable size 24 - Im just beginning to find things loose round the waist and even bought a pair of size 22 trousers yesterday. I do have a top from Tescos (one of those soft feel jumpers) and its a size 26 and still way too small.

Thankyou everyone for your answers, and keep them coming - I'm fascinated and its really inspirational for me

15. spooky

spooky Banned

I am 5' 7", currently weigh in the region of 13 stones and wear size 12's

16. rade

rade try, try & try some more!

This is a really interesting post!!

I am 5ft 9" weight pretty even all over!! at the moment before weigh in at about 15st 3-4 maybe!! (fingers crossed!!)

Got a pair of 14 jeans in new look the other day, high waist band quite flairy, almost fell over in shock!! :eek:

There a little snug but as i'm on the way down didn't wanna get a 16 as i'm a little strapped.... my 18's fell virtually clean off over ma hips!

About 2-3 years ago when i was about 11st 10lbs i was in a 10 occasionaly a 12...

I have always 'weighed' alot heavier than i look, if that makes sense!! Not an excuse or big bone syndrome!! lol :rolleyes:

Whenever i've been weighed for medicals etc people are always visibly shocked and say i look 2-3 stone lighter than i weigh... this of course is no consilation when you're 17st +

I once had a nurse march me into a doctors office, whilst they were with a patient!!, and weigh me again coz she thought her scales were wrong... then blurted out - OH YOU ARE 17st 9lbs!! Needless to say i was a tad embarrassed in front of the Doc and the foxy patient with him!!

Anyone else found this?

We are all such varied and wonderful shapes!!! :D

17. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    I am a 5ft short arse lol

When i weighed 15.4 I was wearing a 22 bottom and 24 top.

Am now 10.6 (last wi) and I am a 14 bottom, can get in some trousers that are 12`s but its the breathe in and hold your tummy in all day technique, you know what I mean ladies lol ( wiil drop a few more lbs before wearing them out in public)
    and i`m a 14-16 top, still got my boobs but they have gone from a 38ff down to a 34 e.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. maid marrion

maid marrion Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge sole source
    Hi I am 5ft 4" weigh 15stone and I am a size 20/18

20. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

rade, can't say I've had your experience but it made me laugh.

I'm 5ft 10 (and a half), 15 stone 5lb and size 16 (and 18 too in some things but I'm saying I'm size 16)

21. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'm 5ft9 and 13.6 stone, I am between a 16/18 on the bottem and a 16 on top, have only lost about half a dress size despite nearly losing 2 stone

22. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

gdolley it must be going to drop off you soon - has to!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.