What easy, healthy recipes would you teach someone who can't cook?

Caz

Repeat Offender
So my boyfriend (that still feels strange to say to people!) is doing Exante at the moment but is almost at goal so will be introducing food again soon. Probably is, he can't cook. Apparently he can't even boil an egg, it's that bad!

He's signed up for myfitnesspal and is going to use that so I was thinking each time I see him and we have dinner together (which of course I'll cook) I might teach him a new recipe that's easy and pretty fool proof and give it to him on a little recipe card or something with easy step by step instructions.

So, now I just need to think of some foods which are nice and easy to do that are also pretty healthy and lowish calories. I was thinking stir fry, that's pretty easy but I can't really think of anything else. Any suggestions? I'm not expecting you all to spend ages typing out recipes, just suggestions of meals and I'll sort a recipe card out for it. Probably slowly work up the difficulty level once he gets the hang of stuff.

omelette

chilli con carne (can be adapted to be lower calorie)

fried rice

pizza made out of baguettes/bread/wraps. toast if appropriate (i do this for bread), bung on tom puree, other ingredients, cheese and bam in the oven. Or even simple cheese on toast. Or toasties!

(he'll be probably raving mad for carbs after exante, i know i was lol)

Ooooh I forgot about those kinds of pizzas, I haven't made one in aaaaaages!! Reckon chilli is easy to make? It is really isn't it, fry mince and chuck stuff in. We'll see how he does with the omelette and stir fry first lol

Stir fry, soup, chilli, spag Bol, cottage pie omelette, chicken breasts baked with various toppings (tomatoes, mushroom, cheese, the list is endless) and a basic Sunday roast. Oh and I almost forgot the most important one CURRY!!!

Back