What eating regime ahs worked 4u post tfr?

Bindi

Silver Member
Hi all,
I only did 4 wks tfr and 1 wk refeed before a wks hols. During my wks hols I followed the lt maintenance plan of 2 maint and 1 low fat meal for half the wk, then fell off the wagon a bit and tried my best to stick to it but had a few little extra (albeit they were low fat but still extras) anyway put on 2.5lb that wk so total losses are at 21.7lb. Am due my weigh in tomorrow morn and have stuck rigidly to the maint plan of the 2 maint and 1 low fat meal and feel like Ive gained weight, Im afraid to look at my own scales but feel it myself. My question is what works for those that have successfully continued to lose weight post tfr - do they do the maint plan, do they calorie count, do low gi or what? I cant get my head around the way the maint plan works at all, if I was calorie counting the amount of food Im eating a day Im eating about 50% less than what I should be. Surely this isnt good for when I come off this plan and start following my own eating regime. Reason Im askin is cos Im finding myself wanting to nibble as Im not full on this plan, you actually eat more on your refeed wk than you do on the maintenance plan. Im so confused, gonna have a good chat with the chemist in the morning but any help or advice in the meantime would be much appreciated.

Cant help you on the maitainence ...but low gi is fab for not feeling hungry xx good luck tomorrow xx

Yeah I read up on all your threads today Nic bout low gi but tbh Im having the maint bar for brekkie, the maint soup for lunch, and they are low gi, then having grilled fish/chicken and selection of veg for dinner (no potatoes - usually broccli, cauliflower and green beans, think 2 of these are low gi) so I think overall my eating plan is low gi?

mmmm I thought you were suppose to have the maintance foods as well as a meal? to help you eat a smaller meal! They are not supposed to be meal replacements.
TJ didn't use them at all she has stuck to low fat i belive not sure what fifi or Porgeous is doing maybe PM them they have miles more advice than i would xxx

I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by saying that I cannot get my head round eating being a regime. It just sounds like a recipe for disorder. Of course you have to be careful and spend some time learning about different foods BUT OUR BODIES WERE MADE TO EAT. I like to think that once you get your head round nutrition and start eating fresh food the weight will start to shift (obviously taking in sensible portions). Add exercise to the mix and the odd little treat will not go amiss. Just remember if you have a pig-out day to make up for it the following day.I really think you have to enjoy what you are doing on some level to be able to see it through. That's just the way I see it - of course I could be wrong :)
Gem x

I don't really follow a regime as such. Healthy eating, with the occassional unhealthy thing.

Not calling the 'unhealthy' foods a treat though, because it just isn't. I guess I've done the lifestyle change ;)

mmmm I thought you were suppose to have the maintance foods as well as a meal? to help you eat a smaller meal! They are not supposed to be meal replacements.
TJ didn't use them at all she has stuck to low fat i belive not sure what fifi or Porgeous is doing maybe PM them they have miles more advice than i would xxx
Yeah the literature says they are not total food replacements but when I rang lt they said thats the way they have to word it cos they dont know what size everyone is and thats why the chemist advises you what to do post tfr. So Im having the bar and the soup everday then the very low fat/low gi meal in the evening. Was down 2.5lb at weigh in this morn.

i would pm tracy j she has done fantastically after tfr i thought that you only had maintenance and 1 meal if you were trying to lose so thats proberly why they suggested that,maybe do the refeed week over and over at least you would be full and not tempted hun xx

Thx Lillie
How are you getting on back on tfr, are you finding it difficult?
I think Im gonna go between the 2..ie maintenance and refeed, if I fancy having a meal instead of the bar/shake/soup I will. Im debating about even staying on the maint prods and maybe following a calorie counting diet thats low gi/gl based til I can go back on tfr again in Sept (hopefully will have lost what I want to lose and wont need to go back on it).

Good luck lillie

Back