What excuse can i make?

frecklesy

My husband and I have been invited for tea next Sunday.
I'm not telling the friends we've been invited to that I'm on this diet as it'll cause all sorts of negativity,jealousy etc etc & they will more than likely try and force me to eat. My husband is desperate to go so he has said that iv got prior arrangements. Il see the other friends going on Saturday but not in an eating situation. So what other things could be so important I can't go to a meal with them but my hubby can!
Any good excuses I can use that anyone else may have used?
Any ideas welcome!x

Go along. Say you've had a bad tummy upset during the night but did not want to miss the night out. Say youre fine now but don't want to risk eating and stick with the fizzy water. I did this a few times. It worked a treat, no one got offended by my not eating and the evening went fab.

Go along. Say you've had a bad tummy upset during the night but did not want to miss the night out. Say youre fine now but don't want to risk eating and stick with the fizzy water. I did this a few times. It worked a treat, no one got offended by my not eating and the evening went fab.
I was just thinking the same.... the tummy bug thing has worked for me.... but if you have already said you have a prior arrangement.... oooh thats a hard one!!

Yeah my hubby said I had prior arrangements! Deary me men eh!x

Unless you contact them bfore hand and say you've had a really off tum and your sticking to really bland stuff... Say he was saving your modesty rather than saying 'she's got the runs' lol.. x

Yes that is a great excuse the tummy thing. I am in a similar situation with the Works Christmas Do. I plan to phone one of the girls at 7.30 (time the table is booked for) and say I have been delayed and they are to go on without me. Then I plan to arrive late and tell everyone it is too traumatic to talk about and will tell them again some time of the reason why I was late!

Good news got out of it totally as my hubby's mum had an op on fri so we going to see her instead. She knows about the diet so all is well woo hoo!
Thanks for the advice x

Back