What Exercise Are You Doing?

Viva La Diva

A Brit living in the USA
Me, again, you lucky Ladies (and Lads, if there are any lurking here!)

Well, I'm new as I said in my intro , and just wanted to know what exercise you guys are doing?

I am trying to up my walking on my treadmill, I have been a bit lazy about it recently what with moving house etc. Was being really good in August and doing 25 miles per week on it. So planning to get back in the walking zone. Also, bought a new bike, and am determined to get back in the saddle....hehehe...as they say !!!!!

Also have hand weight thingys and a core ball, which I will dig out again soon. I really notice a difference when I exercise, just wish it would show on the scales more!!!

Ive been a little lazy with exercise recently, i try to do a hour on the wii fit three times a week and then 30 min on the rowing machine. I havent quite worked up the nerve to join a gym yet.

hi Flux, thanks for replying it can be a bit quiet in the Healthy Eating Forum sometimes, which is a bit strange if you ask me considering that well, healthy eating is something everybody HAS to do eventually if they are going to remain at or near their target weights !!!! No matter what diet you have used to get there.....

Neuro Accupuncture sounds interesting...... How's it going ????

Diva x

hi Flux, thanks for replying it can be a bit quiet in the Healthy Eating Forum sometimes, which is a bit strange if you ask me considering that well, healthy eating is something everybody HAS to do eventually if they are going to remain at or near their target weights !!!! No matter what diet you have used to get there.....

Neuro Accupuncture sounds interesting...... How's it going ????

Its going really well thanks :)

I made a post about it in one of the other forums

I will say ive found it rather easy combined with eating well, i tend to hate the word
diet so healthy eating is something i feel is achievable

I prefer healthy eating too, but I use the d word too, not afraid of it honest, it's just that if my brain thinks diet then it starts craving chocolate and other naughties. I'm eventually going to try to follow the 80 20 rule, you know good for 80% of the time, with some treats for the remainder, gotta be better than 110% BAD !!!! Haha!!

i do body attack and body combat classes, and considering body pump too. not sure on pump though as im a weakling and have no strengh :p the new launch is saturday so i may stick around try it out.... and if i cant do it, just go.
i do gym classes 5 days aweek :)

Hey ladies, recently i had a bargain find and bought the 'jessie wallace' fitness dvd, i find it great! I felt the difference just after 3 days (through the aches) I must be so unfit at the moment, as after just the warmup exercise i feel like giving in, but my strong determinded willpower gets me through ;). Recently, ive also started to go over the rugby field behind my home and do a lap or two, i struggled when i first started but im trying to keep up a routine!

Hi CarlaJay, I'm thinking about getting some exercise DVDs too, years ago I did the Y Plan exercise VIDEO with the rather annoying Anthea Turner !!!!! It was a good workout and I'm thinking that in a couple of months when I get snowed in and cannot walk outside walking on the Treadmill may get a tad boring, I may need to be ready to shake it up !!!!

On the plus side I have just finished my 4 th workout on the Treadmill, which was my own target for the week, so yay !!! Every step, is a step in the right direction, now all I have to do is avoid the tempting frothy coffees this weekend, haha !!!!!!!

Yes i would highly recommend a fitness workout dvd! Brilliant, but im afraid im going to start getting bored of the same stuff, i best put some on my christmas list lol wow 4th time? in a whole day? or week? lol

Managed to do Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Today workouts !!!! Woohoo, I love my Nordic Track, it's going to get me through the Winter, believe me walking in snow up to your thighs is fun for about two mins !!! Plus the Americans seem to have a dislike of pavements, so pounding the blocks around the neighborhood gets a bit tricky !!!!
So pleased with 4 workouts, as I have been LAZY recently, hehehe.....

Hello everyone!!

To be honest all i have time to do at the min is my Wii Fit! But i try and do it every day if i can!!

Too scared to join a gym yet tho lol

and i walk to work every day (well 5 times a week lol)

hi ZoeJayneStarr , I joined a gym with a lovely swimming pool etc, and in about 6months I used the gym twice, managed to swim a bit more but I enjoy that and used to do it 3 or 4 times a week years ago, hehe.... I' m lazy and need to be kicked up the bottom to do exercise, unless it's swimming or walking, haha !!!

No excuses now as my Nordic Track was expensive, and sits across from me in the Den when I'm working at my desk !!!!! Before I had it stashed in a spare bedroom, so at least it was hidden !!!! Now it's there to mock me and my flabby thighs !!!!!! EEEEEKKK !!!!!!

good luck with your weight loss !!!!

Sorry just replyin.... im still gettin used to the forum haha anyways hun whats a Nordic Track?? hehe sorry!! Im a bit slow i know :) x

Sorry Nordic Track, is the brand name for my all singing all dancing Treadmill. They are big company and they do all sorts of exercise equipment, Treadmills, Ellips, Bikes, Skiers, Striders, etc etc, plus an exercise clothing range for when you are a skinny minny ( those tiny weeny tops, vests, etc !!!! ) Jilliam Micheals has a range of equipment with them too , I think. I just say Nordic Track cos it's easier, hehe !!!

add body pump to that!
my weekly work out is:
mon - body combat
tues- body attack
wed- body attack & combat
thurs- rest day
fri- body attack
sat- body combat & body pump
sun- body pump

a bit of gym equipment sometimes if im a bit early and get bored waiting, but not too much
i bought myself some 10k weights, cant take them back so im determined to get my use out of them!
:)

Les Mills workouts are awsome!

Hey!
I've got my exercise back up to around 60-75 mins 5 times a week at the gym, plus walking, and im enjoying it, I've noticed that my running is the key for me because when I was only walking fast on the treadmill (among other things) for a couple of weeks when I wasn't so well my weight STS, now i've built my running back up again I'm losing again (2lb last week)
Although I still do toning exercises, my main concentration is on my running now because im thinking I have to burn the fat 1st before I can REALLY tone up whats underneath?! lol

Just remember though, anything is better than nothing!!!

All the best,

howdy doody all,
For the last 6 weeks I have been doing Zumba classes a minimum of 3/4 a week, dvd version at home twice a week and I use my Vibraxis machine about 3/4 times a week.
Its hard work and I really struggle. I dont weant to go to class but when I get there I love it. Just hate the times they are on, but hey, the world can't revolve around me, lol!
xx

I am doing an all round workout at the gym.

I use the stationary bike, elliptical, upper body bike, treadmill & various weight machines & free weights.

Back