• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What exercise (if any) do you do alongside Xenical?

S: 17st1lb C: 11st9lb G: 11st1lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 5st6lb(31.8%)
Hola!

I just wondered what exercise everyone was doing alongside the Xenical - IF you`re doing any?

I am trying to do 30 mins every day on the Wii Fit (tho if i`m honest, I have only managed it once this week!) and tonight I have also started jogging.

I also want to start swimming when the weather can decide to be good lol

I am soooo not looking forward to tomorrow after jogging LOL

LiSe x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 21st4lb C: 14st1lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 7st3lb(33.89%)
I got a GP exercise referral when I started the tabs last year. So I went to the gym, swimming, aqua aerobics, and also walking.
Now I have my nephew 3 days a week, its harder to get to the gym, but I go walking most days. I'm currently training for the half moon ( a walking half marathon) at the moonwalk in Edinburgh on June 20th :D
I also go to the exercise class at RC now and try to get to the gym at least once a week.
x

Tiitanium

Gold Member
S: 23st4lb C: 10st7lb G: 8st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 12st11lb(54.91%)
i go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week , walk , wii fit .. i ran last night :s in the rain haha.. we was just muggin round but i was trying hard lol...i also do exercise vids if i remember lol..

=]

S: 15st11.5lb C: 15st11.5lb G: 11st9lb BMI: 41.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hiya

I walk for an hour - as fast as I can...

I find it impossible to jog, my whole body just wobbles against itself and its really awkward!

How do you guys manage?

x

Tiitanium

Gold Member
i jog on the wii fit and if im jogging outside its at night lol.. i know how you feel though i have too many wobbly bits =[

sona1980

Gold Member
S: 15st5.2lb C: 14st13.4lb G: 10st3.3lb BMI: 38.3 Loss: 0st5.8lb(2.7%)
I use my side stepper 4-5 times a week for 30 mins and am supposed to be doing wii fit 3-4 times a week aswell for 30 mins but have been taking a break from both fo them this week (TOM).

Will be back on track tomorow i hope! Have also decided to keep my stepper on low resistance as apparently i was using it too high and building muscle instead of getting a cardio workout! (reaaallly makes me sweat!)

Although wii fit it fun it doesnt get a sweat worked up for me but that maybe coz im only on for 30 mins at a time! Really like hoola hoops, jogging, yoga and step on that!

Tiitanium

Gold Member
:) its nice to hear other peoples exercise it gives me more ideas =]

CTSW - your height weight ratio is nowhere near as bad as mine - (im not fat im just too short) but its not nice when i start to run (i did try in the middle of the field but couldnt stop laughing at myself) :D

At my weight an hour fast walk burns about 360 cals, plenty to be getting on with, especially as I have only been eating 1000 calories a day, unintentionally of course!

x

New Clare

S: 15st10lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 4st8lb(29.09%)
I walk my son to school and then go for a 2 hour walk everyday... I'm not ready for jogging just yet. lol

:)

S: 21st4lb C: 14st1lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 7st3lb(33.89%)
I can't jog or run, I dislocated my knee years ago, and ever since then I can only do low impact stuff. Did you know that if you power walk ( which is what I do), you burn the same amount of calories as if you were jogging, but because power walking is low impact, it does less damage to your knee joints?
xx

Yep, thats why I do it, as silly as I look but i shove on my ipod and i'm in a world of my own.

I think at my weight, running will do more harm than good and I know i need to be out for 45 mins at least so 1 hour of walking is Wayyyyyyy better than a 15 min jog IMO.

I am doing the race for life, but i will be racing in a walking style :D

x

S: 16st9lb C: 15st13lb Loss: 0st10lb(4.29%)
I don't think I'm ready for jogging yet!
I walk a mile & half to school and then back twice a day, soon to be three times a day when Amelias starts nursery today.
I do 20-30mins on wii fit most days and I'm going to start aquafit and salsa aerobics once a week. I'm just waiting for my exercise referral from my gp to come through and then I'll sign up for the gym too.
Hopefully this will give me a boost with my weightloss and speed things up a bit as well as helping me feel better about myself

Hi all,

Well my first jog was last night and it went well :)

One really important thing I think (for the girls) is having a decent bra. I bought one from M&S last night in prep ;)

I actually got a firm support one rather than a sports one as it fitted better - The assistant agreed that for some people sports bras don`t fit "right" so the support ones are actually better.

I didn`t jog long, Just round the block so I was done in about 6-7 mins. Tonight I will aim for another street to make it longer and I will try and increase the time as I go along.

I really thought I would be dying today from it as I also have bad joints (queried arthritis) but so far I am ok :)

I`m waiting on a cross trainer being delivered too which also has a cycle bit so I will be doing that along with everything else when it arrives.

I do jog on the wii fit but I can`t get to grips with it. Feels wrong to be running and not going anywhere lol which is why I decided to do it properly and for me, It is easier.

I didn`t ask for a gym pass at my Drs appt as I would rather do my own thing at home away from all the yummy mummies and daddies in the local gym lol I might sound her out about funding for swimming though. Aquafit sounds fun :D

Well done everyone, Keep it going!!

Xxxx

New Clare

I have noticed "Gym Pass" in a few of the threads.... Could someone explain this to me and am I missing out on something? lol :)

I have noticed "Gym Pass" in a few of the threads.... Could someone explain this to me and am I missing out on something? lol :)
Hi Clare,

You can ask your Dr to "prescribe" you 6 months (I think) membership to the gym to help along with your weight loss.

I`m not sure if it is dependant on PCT or just your GP.

Good luck if you decide to ask for one

Xxx

New Clare

Hi Clare,

You can ask your Dr to "prescribe" you 6 months (I think) membership to the gym to help along with your weight loss.

I`m not sure if it is dependant on PCT or just your GP.

Good luck if you decide to ask for one

Xxx
OH! I didn't know about this!....
Thanks for the info. :)
I think I might ask about it when I go for my first weigh in.

You`re welcome! Good Luck xXx