What extra touches does your cd counsellor do that has helped your journey?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Kimba_soontobeslim, 30 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Kimba_soontobeslim

Kimba_soontobeslim Full Member

So I am a huge fan of CD and because of this I am thinking of becoming a counsellor myself once I get to goal!

So this got me thinking about what things I could bring to the table that would help someone elses journey on CD!

So I thought I'd ask the question; What does your CD counsellor do for you that has helped your journey on CD? Or even what things do you wish they did that they don't?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nade

Nade Full Member

My CDC has those fat blobs. I know a lot do but when I see them it makes me realise how well I have done!

4. Kimba_soontobeslim

what fat blobs??

5. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

fat blobs ! ?

6. Nade

Nade Full Member

They are like plastic blobs that are the same size and weight as 2lb or 5lb. They are yellow and have litle red bits in like viens. they are pretty yucky but seeing and holding how much 5lb of Fat is, is really encouraging!

7. Kimba_soontobeslim

Ooooh that sounds like a fab idea!

8. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

ohhhhhh yes ive seen them there great would love to see 50 pound worth

9. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

10. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Mine is lovely but INCREDIBLY busy, and as I go at the same time as my friend it is a mad rush, as we both want to ask things.
    So I guess my request would just be to have a proper alloted time with no interruptions so we can talk through how the week was and stuff.

11. Kimba_soontobeslim

yeah maybe if you go with your friend you should get a larger slot?

Mine only measured my waist and not other areas and didn't take a starting photo.... so those are things I want to make sure I incorporate!

Thanks for the link Linda! God they look gross don't they!!! ha ha!

12. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mine is the most lovely person I could have wished for (she doesn't come on here so this isn't butt kissing!LOL).
    She did a before photo of me and will do one hopefully when she gets back next week as I'm exactly half way through then another when I'm done. She not only weighs me every week but measures me, at my request and she told me whatever I need to get me focused. She lets me buy my packs a months supply at a time because I'm useless at budgeting. Finally she gave me her only copy of CD recipe book to keep before I went on holiday to help me work up through the steps and she's given me free MAM's.
    Like I said, she's lovely!:D

13. Kimba_soontobeslim

wow, she does sound fab! :)

14. princessbunny

princessbunny Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    MAM?

15. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mix a Mousse

16. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

'My CDC has those fat blobs'. (Nade)

What on earth is a 'fat blob'? It sounds like something that needs to be removed ....... fast!!

17. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

What I love about mine is that she is entirely 'human' - she is never judgemental and always understanding.

In fact I am going to apply to the Pope to have her canonized!!

20. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    This is a really interesting thread.. its good to see how different cdc's are.. personally i love my cdc to bits.. like you fatpossum.. shes never judgemental.. and i like how i can talk to her about anything.. shes fab..

x x

21. trapped.in.a.fat.persons.

trapped.in.a.fat.persons. Destined 2 be skinny!

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont really have alot of time with mine, she weighs, measures, gives me my bits n pieces. I do wish she'd give me more 'advice', but thats why i like minis so much.

One thing she does do which 'shocks' me abit (in a good way!) is that she puts on the scales the weight ive lost, in the form of the big packs of tetras etc and makes it up 2 exactly what ive lost, then i have 2 pick it up. Apart from last time she made me pick it up, and i hurt my back real bad! lol But it showed me what extra weight id been carrying around with me 4 a number of years!!!

I do think my cdc believes in me tho, i believe that she believes i can do it, and whenever i say ive bought new clothes, which is only twice, shes said, oh dont go buyin anymore, they wont fit u! So i no she believes in me, which is good, cus as alot of u will have experienced, theres many many more people who DONT believe u can do it!!! Im 21, and i believe that she wants to see me succeed cuz she nos how much better my life could be.

XXXXX

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.