What Fitness DVDs anyone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by weemo, 28 February 2009 Social URL.

1. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Have just been on Amazon sussing out fitness DVDs but I can't believe that there are so many! :hmm: Really want to start exercising and fancy this option -can anyone recommend a good one (I'm totally unfit!) Mxx
    :help2:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DearFatty

DearFatty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(28.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have Claire from Steps DVD and think its great, plus she has nice men behind her to look at lol. I don't do it as often as I should but do enjoy it. My all time favourite though has to be Harvey's from Celebrity Fit Club which I got really cheap on ebay. He is really funny and it is a good workout.

4. starbex

starbex Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I recommend the ministry of sound pump it up dvd. Its a killer but its so affective.
    and theres plenty of good songs 2 2 keep ur spirits up xxx

5. sharon09

sharon09 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.02%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    ive just got coleen nolan but havnt tried it yet

6. muppetgirly

muppetgirly Loser!

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8.74%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Lite
    I've got the charlie Brookes one (Jannine from Eastenders) Its got five 10 minute sections, warm up, disco, combat, high intensity and pilates cool down. Gives you a good going over!

7. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

:thankyou: Thanks everyone! Claire from Steps looks absolutely fantastic so I might go with that one (+ she has hunky men working out with her which helps lol). Charlie Brooks stills looks good - she has managed to keep her weight off. Mind you Coleen Nolan looks good too tho I guess the ice skating has helped her tone up even more. I think Jayne Torville has one out as well - she has lost tons of weight too - decisions, decisions,:confused: thanks again, M xx

8. nik86

nik86 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also have this one and it is hard to begin with but it is a really good work out. I love the music and the dancing type work out!

9. LittleMissCupcake

LittleMissCupcake Minimins is the best!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i have the camilla dallerup dance DVD and thats fab and shes really nice and not patronising!!!!
    its pretty easy to do too and i think its def working!!!!!

10. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I'm with Starbex on this one.....Ministry of Sound dancercise is fantastic if you love to dance. Plus it's a really good workout.

11. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Thanks everyone :thankyouthankyou:

12. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I have the claire from steps one, i think it is great. I also like the rosmary conoly ones, she does a fat burning boxset and it is 3 dvd's and only 12 pound

13. hevGsd

hevGsd Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm with Starbex on the ministry of sound ones too:D, ive got 3 of them and they are great! they are quite hard to get into as some of the steps can be a tad confusing but as soon as you get it its fab!:D
    music is really good too!:)
    i want the jayne torville one too,its ment to be quite good.
    Tae bo is also great, i really enjoy that.
    Ive got all these great dvd's and videos but i just dont use then enough!:eek:

14. coffee_bean

coffee_bean Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.01%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I used Jennifer Ellisons West End Workout & the Hotpants workout and I lost alot of weight when using them. reading this thread makes me think I should start using them again - and soon. They are both dance type workouts but very different which I fould good when alternating workouts. They're also fun to use with friends too.
    Has anyone tried the Jayne Torville one?

15. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Must try that Ministry of Sound one - I have the Davina one and its really good - but makes your legs totally stiff the next day if you don't do the stretches - even when you do do the stretches;) - works though. x

16. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

After much deliberation I have ordered a few and Jayne's is one of them so when I try it out :character00116:I will let you know - I think she is looking great at the moment.:)

17. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have ordered 3 to rent from Lovefilm to try... Claire steps, Coleen Nolan and Davina. Decided I'd better try them before I spend all the money on buying them!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Hi Emz - I've just recently joined Lovefilm - why didn't I think of that? :d'oh: I got the lend of Claire King's but I was not impressed - the music put me right off - very relaxing/chilling when it should have been upbeat! In the end I stopped (was quite tough) and sat with a cup of coffee and watched the remainder of it! Have ordered Letita Deans and Jayne Torvilles so hopefully they will be much better. I will request a few from Lovefilm so thanks for the tip! :D

20. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm on Lovefilm too! As I have alot to lose and haven't exercised for yonks I ordered Leslie Sansones 2 mile walk as I reckoned I could probably cope with it! Also have Jayne Torvilles and Camillas on my list and Davina and vicky entwistle. I ordered Rosemary C's double salsa dvd yesterday from Amazon as I enjoyed the 2nd one but lost it. It's under £7

Last edited: 4 March 2009
  21. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm a big fan of Davina McCall's dvds. I have all but the pregnancy one. They're hard work at first but once you're into them you really enjoy them, work up a good sweat & definately see results. I recommend the Power of Three dvd of hers.

22. Lind

Lind Is feeling the love!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Biggest Looser
    The Claire from Steps one is great.
    I can see a difference in my arms (tummy still too big to tell yet) and my legs after 4 weeks.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.